The Fran fade

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Fran also plays his own kids a combined 35+ mpg and they combine to average something like 7 points 5 Reb and 4 Ast and are slow and useless defensively. He also threw a not-ready FR point guard to the wolves (wolverines*) last week for no apparent reason at all. He does weird things with his lineups and ignores talent for lesser talent.

Luka is certainly big enough to hide the elephant in the room, but only for a couple more weeks.

Yeah, those are just horrible, horrible things. I mean just think how much that is holding Iowa back. They might be #4 instead of #5 if Fran wasn't doing those crazy ridiculous things.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah, those are just horrible, horrible things. I mean just think how much that is holding Iowa back. They might be #4 instead of #5 if Fran wasn't doing those crazy ridiculous things.
Winning in spite of. Let's imagine a world where the all time scoring leader and assist leader are gone next year. Let's say Weiskamp capitalizes on a great season and declares. Toussaint transfers.

Iowa is then down to a shooting guard who can't stay healthy, a power forward who can't stay healthy, a decent power forward who can't create for himself in Murray, and the two Frangaret-Spawn. There's the type of lineup that will remind everyone of Fran's coaching pedigree.

EDIT: But this is Iowa we're talking about, so 3 of those 4 guys I mentioned as leaving will probably be back...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Winning in spite of. Let's imagine a world where the all time scoring leader and assist leader are gone next year. Let's say Weiskamp capitalizes on a great season and declares. Toussaint transfers.

Iowa is then down to a shooting guard who can't stay healthy, a power forward who can't stay healthy, a decent power forward who can't create for himself in Murray, and the two Frangaret-Spawn. There's the type of lineup that will remind everyone of Fran's coaching pedigree.

EDIT: But this is Iowa we're talking about, so 3 of those 4 guys I mentioned as leaving will probably be back...
Connors ability is feeding the post I'm read several times. Will he be done after this year with Garza leaving? Who does he feed next year?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A few more cupcake wins and I think with the added time to practice/gel I think we'd be at 2-3 Big 12 wins right now as well. Still in last place, or 9th at best.
I don't think practice / gel time has anything to do with us dropping the game on Saturday against a mediocre TCU team, but I see your point.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No, if Iowa could beat Illinois they'd be #4 instead of #5 *ducks*

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't think practice / gel time has anything to do with us dropping the game on Saturday against a mediocre TCU team, but I see your point.
I would argue it does, considering playing a few more "buy" games in November/December might have helped this teams confidence, and might have helped them learn how to close out games. We'll never know, but it is my opinion at least. We were "right there" 2x vs TCU, @ Baylor, OU 2x, Texas, WVU 2x, and TBD @ KSU. There was a win or two to be had with a more finely tuned team.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would argue it does, considering playing a few more "buy" games in November/December might have helped this teams confidence, and might have helped them learn how to close out games. We'll never know, but it is my opinion at least. We were "right there" 2x vs TCU, @ Baylor, OU 2x, Texas, WVU 2x, and TBD @ KSU. There was a win or two to be had with a more finely tuned team.
Yeah I'd agree with this, however I don't think the coaching we have allows us to be fine tuned.. Let's be perfectly honest, we haven't looked fine tuned since Monte's senior year. Other than that, we've been all over the damn place.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013

You need to provide Prohm access to your basketball knowledge. I’m sure he’d add you to the staff in a heartbeat.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It is a sympathy nomination.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Gotta throw those teams a bone every once in awhile.

Connor going to get the prestigious “participation (sportsmanship) award again this year?

If Nunge doesn’t get it, I would be shocked. Not a more deserving person than him. For what he has endured this year, the guy flat out deserves it!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Connor going to get the prestigious “participation (sportsmanship) award again this year?

If Nunge doesn’t get it, I would be shocked. Not a more deserving person than him. For what he has endured this year, the guy flat out deserves it!
Patrick. Gotta spread it around some, or Marge will dump water on Fran like he's a reporter.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
You need to provide Prohm access to your basketball knowledge. I’m sure he’d add you to the staff in a heartbeat.
Reality will settle in shortly. Hopefully the hawks can have a nice long run for you because I'm not sure when they'll be this good again.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Yeah I'd agree with this, however I don't think the coaching we have allows us to be fine tuned.. Let's be perfectly honest, we haven't looked fine tuned since Monte's senior year. Other than that, we've been all over the damn place.
On point. Pure talent was the only reason that 2018-2019 team was any good. The team was stacked and should have played even better. The coaching was the biggest problem.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron