The Fran fade

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Yes of course Iowa fans will want to win it all but calling sweet 16 a disappointment should never be uttered by fans of either team. If we win the first two like we will likely be favored then lose to Villanova or some team like that then I won't be too upset. I do get the playing to the seed part though it would be a little more upsetting if we get to the sweet 16 and lose to an 11 seed but even those teams are dangerous

Some of you sound like you know what's coming.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yes of course Iowa fans will want to win it all but calling sweet 16 a disappointment should never be uttered by fans of either team. If we win the first two like we will likely be favored then lose to Villanova or some team like that then I won't be too upset. I do get the playing to the seed part though it would be a little more upsetting if we get to the sweet 16 and lose to an 11 seed but even those teams are dangerous
I think that's a fair take.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Some of you sound like you know what's coming.
I think there's a distinction between "a disappointment" and being "disappointed". Iowa losing in the Sweet 16 would not necessarily be a disappointment. They'll be doing something they haven't done in 20 years just making it there. Fans can be disappointed that the season ended there and the team didn't go farther, but that's different than discrediting the accomplishment.

Reactions: GoHawks

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think there's a distinction between "a disappointment" and being "disappointed". Iowa losing in the Sweet 16 would not necessarily be a disappointment. They'll be doing something they haven't done in 20 years just making it there. Fans can be disappointed that the season ended there and the team didn't go farther, but that's different than discrediting the accomplishment.
Hawkeye fans can't be disappointed no matter what happens here on out. When the season doesn't count, what difference does it make?

• Haha
Reactions: jmb

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Exactly you're always going to be a little upset when it ends and I'll likely b**** about what we did wrong when we inevitably lose but in a year I'm not going to say i can't believe we didn't go to the final four. I think Iowa could go to elite eight and maybe final four but its probably statistically likely we lose earlier

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

A Sweet 16 loss is a disappointment for any 2 seed.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A Sweet 16 loss is a disappointment for any 2 seed.
So if Iowa loses to, let's say a 3 seed FSU or Villanova, that'd be a disappointment?

In 2019, 2 seed Michigan lost to 3 seed TTU who made the title.. Was that a disappointment?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So if Iowa loses to, let's say a 3 seed FSU or Villanova, that'd be a disappointment?

In 2019, 2 seed Michigan lost to 3 seed TTU who made the title.. Was that a disappointment?

Yes. Michigan got smoked too. Pretty big disappointment.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
LMAO what? I can’t tell if you’re being serious with this or if you’re so triggered and you’re all up in your feelings you’re now making ridiculous statements.

Yeah, I'm so triggered about Iowa's basketball season. I mean I could only wish that we had ISU's basketball trajectory instead of what we have at Iowa.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

You gotta understand how triggered most ISU fans over Iowa's season right now. ISU fans want to say this year is a failure for Iowa if they don't reach the Final Four.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Exactly you're always going to be a little upset when it ends and I'll likely b**** about what we did wrong when we inevitably lose but in a year I'm not going to say i can't believe we didn't go to the final four. I think Iowa could go to elite eight and maybe final four but its probably statistically likely we lose earlier

I'll be disappointed whenever Iowa loses be that in the first round or in the championship game. The year won't be a disappointment though if Iowa makes the Sweet 16. It is laughable to call a Sweet 16 year for Iowa or ISU a "disappointment", that kind of dumb is saved for the Blue Blood schools.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You gotta understand how triggered most ISU fans over Iowa's season right now. ISU fans want to say this year is a failure for Iowa if they don't reach the Final Four.
I think you're generalizing a bit, but I agree that thinking Final 4 or bust is dumb.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Of course I am generalizing, but there have been many on here basically pushing that or an Elite 8 would be disappointing. Heck @IASTATE07 said as much to you a few posts ago.

I said a Sweet 16 would be disappointing. Don't put words in my mouth.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron