****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He’s not better than Bolton. Rasir is a “dude” in much the same way that Brackins and Diante were dudes. He just doesn’t have the supporting cast.

I don’t get this new narrative about how bad Rah is. It’s a **** move by these people

i just hope he stays and doesn’t transfer next year

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
I mean, you would have a point if he had been successful Talen’s year. Unfortunately he completely failed with that team, which was full of NBA talent.

Not to mention he also totally underachieved with Fred’s players. The guy has barely had a sniff of success in his time here. It’s time to try something else.

@Cat Stevens Curious why you dumbed this. Hard to argue with the points I made but I'm interested to hear it nonetheless.

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
It’s not helping.
Sure, I get where you're coming from. I get frustrated when I see fans commenting negative things about the state of the program on CycloneMBB instagram posts or tweets from the official account. Stuff that is directly in the feeds of potential recruits. But CF? I don't think there's a lot of traffic from recruits on here, although that is just a feeling I have.

On the other hand, what are we supposed to do? Just sit back and be complacent?

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
because you weren’t right. It’s a talking point that people worked themselves into believing is reality.
Please expand. I said he underachieved with Hoiberg's players, and fell on his face when he had his own roster full of NBA talent. Which of these facts do you disagree with?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Sure, I get where you're coming from. I get frustrated when I see fans commenting negative things about the state of the program on CycloneMBB instagram posts or tweets from the official account. Stuff that is directly in the feeds of potential recruits. But CF? I don't think there's a lot of traffic from recruits on here, although that is just a feeling I have.

Oh good. Another one that won’t accept mediocrity. He’s going to lose his job after the season. It won’t happen before the season is over.

And of course parents and kids read this site. This is an easy google search when you search for cyclone fan sites. Conditt and Zion Griffin even talked about what was said on here last year.

kids absolutely know what’s being said.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Please expand. I said he underachieved with Hoiberg's players, and fell on his face when he had his own roster full of NBA talent. Which of these facts do you disagree with?

this has been covered so many times. That first team was a six man rotation, with hallice cook playing when Jameel got mad at being held accountable. The second year they won 11-13 to end the year, and the big 12 tournament. They won 3 tournament games. They were good teams.

And no matter how many times you keep repeating how loaded those teams were, it still doesn’t make it so.

the last three years were bad, and he’s going to be let go at the end of the year.

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
Oh good. Another one that won’t accept mediocrity. He’s going to lose his job after the season. It won’t happen before the season is over.

And of course parents and kids read this site. This is an easy google search when you search for cyclone fan sites. Conditt and Zion Griffin even talked about what was said on here last year.

kids absolutely know what’s being said.
Dude. I never said fire him now. I'm of the opinion we need a change after this season. Doing it now does nothing.

I simply expressed dissatisfaction with the under performance over the past years and the current trajectory under CSP. This is a known sentiment within the fan base.

• Winner
Reactions: WhoISthis

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Dude. I never said fire him now. I'm of the opinion we need a change after this season. Doing it now does nothing.

I simply expressed dissatisfaction with the under performance over the past years and the current trajectory under CSP. This is a known sentiment within the fan base.

Don’t worry there will be a change made after the season. But read the absolute offensive comments people are making about players on here. They are actually going after Bolton now.

but someone will come on here and say we aren’t as mean as Kentucky, so it’s ok.

there is a lot to be dissatisfied about. There will be a change in another month. But these kids don’t deserve some of the nonsense they get hurled at them, not saying you do it, but it’s adults making these comments about kids to kids

it is good they’re better than to respond, but this is why Zach McCabe told hawk fans to suck a fat one.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadiaClone

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
this has been covered so many times. That first team was a six man rotation, with hallice cook playing when Jameel got mad at being held accountable. The second year they won 11-13 to end the year, and the big 12 tournament. They won 3 tournament games. They were good teams.

And no matter how many times you keep repeating how loaded those teams were, it still doesn’t make it so.

the last three years were bad, and he’s going to be let go at the end of the year.

Prohm had 5 NBA players on his first team. 4 the next year. 3 (not even including LW) on his first real team in 18-19. Saying those teams weren't loaded is.... a stretch.

• Winner
Reactions: WhoISthis

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
Don’t worry there will be a change made after the season. But read the absolute offensive comments people are making about players on here. They are actually going after Bolton now.

but someone will come on here and say we aren’t as mean as Kentucky, so it’s ok.

there is a lot to be dissatisfied about. There will be a change in another month. But these kids don’t deserve some of the nonsense they get hurled at them, not saying you do it, but it’s adults making these comments about kids to kids

it is good they’re better than to respond, but this is why Zach McCabe told hawk fans to suck a fat one.
Man I completely agree with this. Going after the players is never okay. I also am not on board with the personal shots at CSP. He's a good guy, it's just time to move on.

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Are you implying that fans complaining about Prohm on CF is harming recruiting?
Of course. If you were a recruit and you and your parents heard all the fans screaming to get rid of the coach you were being recruited by and believed in, what would you do? Fans and supporters of a program have a huge impact on recruiting.

Reactions: isu83 and CY74

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Man I completely agree with this. Going after the players is never okay. I also am not on board with the personal shots at CSP. He's a good guy, it's just time to move on.
I agree. People who are ******** about Prohm and players publically on this forum are wrecking the program.

Reactions: CY74

CY74

Oct 27, 2019

It has been mentioned, a number of times, that recruits, parents of recruits, coaches of recruits, etc. monitor message boards of schools recruiting them. If you want to complain, contact the man who makes the decisions, Jamie Pollard.

Last edited:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It has been mentioned, a number of times, that recruits, parents of recruits, coaches of recruits, etc. monitor message boards of schools recruiting them. If you want to complain, contain the man who makes the decisions, Jamie Pollard.

Yeah, to think that in the age of social media, that people don’t read all the coach and player bashing that goes on here and Facebook and Twitter, they’re either naive, or they want to make sure it’s read by players, recruits, and families.

with Steve being dead man walking to begin with, piling on players is a great look. Definitely helping the next coach with players and recruit retention.

Reactions: Tom Buch

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Prohm had 5 NBA players on his first team. 4 the next year. 3 (not even including LW) on his first real team in 18-19. Saying those teams weren't loaded is.... a stretch.

When people bring this point up, I feel like I have to defend Prohm. I don't think Thomas or Nader would have become NBA players without Prohm. Look at their stats in Hoiberg's last season vs. the next year. Either both of them did something over that summer on their own to get a lot better, or you have to give Prohm credit for developing them or optimizing their talents. Burton is more tough to say, but he also obviously developed from his years at Marquette to his years at Iowa State. Niang and Morris probably would have made it to the NBA either way, so I won't give Prohm extra credit for them.

I see how you can say first couple of years Prohm underperformed given the talent, but he also certainly raised the ceiling of that talent. I think you could make a similar, but not quite as strong, argument for the THT year.

To be clear, I don't think Prohm should have a future at Iowa State, but I think it's wrong to act like his best years were still massive underperformances based solely off of the NBA talent that may have not developed without him.

Reactions: Cat Stevens

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
I get where you’re coming from. I like Steve. But there’s just no hope right now. We’re at the point where the only way there will be any is if there’s a new coach

While I believe there will be a change, I do think there is hope. Some think I put too much weight on Hunter, but his video clips are the first player I've seen in a while that I think makes an immediate impact.

A lineup of three really good guards that can drive, pass and shoot and having your two bigs be able to rebound and knock down open threes sounds like something we haven't had in a while.

PG: Hunter (can get into the lane in ways we haven't seen since Tinsley, has a good (not great) shot to keep defenders honest, and has solid vision/willing passer)
SG: Bolton (I think he'll be even better if he plays off the ball and can focus on scoring)
SG2/SF: Walker (he's improved the most on the team (now looks like a solid driver, passer, 3P shooter and defender), and he's still learning/improving)
PF/Small Ball 4: Hinson (I admit this is the one I may be putting too much weight on, but he sure looks like he can board, defend, hit open threes and drive if needed)
Center: Foster (despite being hobbled, you saw flashes of great 3P shooting, solid screening, developing post game and rim protector; I just think a healthy Foster will be an impact maker (but unfortunately he then may only be around 1-2 more years))

Add solid (Tre Jackson) and instant offense players (Tyler Harris and Javan) off the bench, and I think there's a LOT of reason for hope (yeah, I know the haters will say Prohm will ruin the talent, blah, blah, blah).

Is what it is, but I do have hope in the above roster.

That being said, I suspect half of those players won't be here next year if Prohm is gone as expected as he's a father figure to most of them. Yeah, I know, most will say it's worth it because Prohm sucks so bad, but as a Cyclone fan for over 40+ years I really want to see how that roster would do.