Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well KwikStar's beef stroganoff is pretty good, I think maybe a little extra cheese on it would be good but just adding pepper to it wasn't bad at all. . Stopped after work and they were giving away full trays of it I guess they were about to expire though I couldn't find a date on it anywhere. It would be enough for 2 if you had a salad or something to go with it.

Long ass day at work, but I did get it all done so I can start with a fresh slate tomorrow.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
ISU mbb team ordered again through us. Last time it was everyone but coaches and to Sukup. Today was everyone and delivery was at Hilton. Food order was for 33 people - had no idea a basketball team could include so many.

We are becoming the go to for ISU athletics. Last month we have done 3 things/orders with football, 2 with mbb and 1 with wbb. :)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Woke up and Bill Walton is calling the Horns-Hoosiers game. Well here is some time wasted when I should be asleep

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife got her antibodies test results back and they were positive. That means I am probably one of the few people that can say the incident that most likely gave me Covid. Laying in bed and wife coughed three times consecutively right in my face.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hey, I have out on some corona weight but didn’t think it was enough to make me show up on radar.....

I do need to shed this stuff though.

Careful, that's the kinda fat talk that got Kbob's latest good news Covid thread locked. ;) LOL, that thread didn't even last 48 hours.

BTW, I don't think I am Covid fat. Haven't weighed myself since I was last in LifeTime seven months ago. Pajama pants still fit. Eye test ain't so great though, I don't look fat but old man chest and arms have atrophied for sure with no weight workouts. Biking kept the legs from going total toothpick so that's at least something. Old peeps lose it quicker not working out than younger peeps.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I made a joke post on Facebook yesterday about how I eat Babybel cheese and most of my friends and family believe it and now I’m to the point that I can’t even point out that it was a joke because too many people believed it.
You should just tell them that you eat the wax rind to help slide things along, since cheese tends to bind a body up. :D

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We started looking at hot tubs last February, and had gone through the whole thing of picking the one we wanted, the size & features we wanted, the color, etc. Then covid hit, and the hot tub got put on a back burner.

The last couple of weeks we've been putting together another project and doing the planning now so that we're in the queue for spring construction (construction backlogs being what they are... We are re-incorporating the hot tub, with it's own screened enclosure (3 acres of woods = 3 acres of mosquitoes, gnats, etc...). We tried to locate the paperwork that had all of the things we went over with when talking with the salesman last winter, and found nothing. Through a process of elimination and Google satellite imagery we figured out which dealer we had finally worked with (we visited with a half dozen last winter). When we walked in the door, the guy in the first office said, hey - have you two been here before? I remember you!

Remember, we're wearing masks now. I expressed surprise that he recognized us, and he informed us he always remembers "characters".

I'm not sure how to process that. Lew is wearing it like a cloak of honor.

PS - Steve made the sale... :D

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We started looking at hot tubs last February, and had gone through the whole thing of picking the one we wanted, the size & features we wanted, the color, etc. Then covid hit, and the hot tub got put on a back burner.

The last couple of weeks we've been putting together another project and doing the planning now so that we're in the queue for spring construction (construction backlogs being what they are... We are re-incorporating the hot tub, with it's own screened enclosure (3 acres of woods = 3 acres of mosquitoes, gnats, etc...). We tried to locate the paperwork that had all of the things we went over with when talking with the salesman last winter, and found nothing. Through a process of elimination and Google satellite imagery we figured out which dealer we had finally worked with (we visited with a half dozen last winter). When we walked in the door, the guy in the first office said, hey - have you two been here before? I remember you!

Remember, we're wearing masks now. I expressed surprise that he recognized us, and he informed us he always remembers "characters".

I'm not sure how to process that. Lew is wearing it like a cloak of honor.

PS - Steve made the sale... :D
I'm sure they get very few pongids in there...

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Careful, that's the kinda fat talk that got Kbob's latest good news Covid thread locked. ;) LOL, that thread didn't even last 48 hours.

BTW, I don't think I am Covid fat. Haven't weighed myself since I was last in LifeTime seven months ago. Pajama pants still fit. Eye test ain't so great though, I don't look fat but old man chest and arms have atrophied for sure with no weight workouts. Biking kept the legs from going total toothpick so that's at least something. Old peeps lose it quicker not working out than younger peeps.
Leave it to BDK to try to get the last word in with a mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron