*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs #17 Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Not quite on a platter, but I’m going to pack my back on this - throwing twice on that drive by Mensa Tom was stupid.

To some degree I get trying to go for the jugular, but after the first pass failed he should’ve tried to kill some more clock.

I’m not complaining though :campbell:

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
They pretty much were acting like the game was over when it was 20-10 and Kolar was playing high school ball on the drive.

They were ****** anyway but then really ****** for that kind of stuff.
In the 4th quarter the commentator called us Oklahoma State. You literally have one job to do.
They gave ISU TEs props for most of the game. Just thought they were more prepared for Texas PxP. It’s like the forgot Who was leading the division.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
ESPN/FOX...wouldn't it be nice from these suit guys to just say what a great win this was for ISU without the next sentence being..."Well, Matt Campbell's phone will be ringing with new coaching vacancies after today's win. Ugh...I get it but it doesn't mean I like it. It's like calling our university, garbage.
Agreed>

Reactions: agentbear

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In the 4th quarter the commentator called us Oklahoma State. You literally have one job to do.
They gave ISU TEs props for most of the game. Just thought they were more prepared for Texas PxP. It’s like the forgot Who was leading the division.

And they really never gave Hall credit for his running. Some of his runs off the edge were magical if you're an RB fan and they just kind of 'Hall out for a decent gain' about it.

Reactions: agentbear

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
ESPN/FOX...wouldn't it be nice from these suit guys to just say what a great win this was for ISU without the next sentence being..."Well, Matt Campbell's phone will be ringing with new coaching vacancies after today's win. Ugh...I get it but it doesn't mean I like it. It's like calling our university, garbage.
It’s both a shallow and a simplistic take. One that doesn’t require research or actual acumen, so it’s easy to toss out as a first impression.

Why would you expect anything more from those folks?

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Didn't they show some graphic about Ehlinger, something like toughest of the game or player of the game, something like that in the first half?
Sam Ehlinger is a good story and is a good QB. Just think he gets so much helium playing for Texas. I thought Purdy matched him step for step and out played him in the final moments of the game. There’s a reason why Texas had underachieved the past 4 years.

Reactions: Clonefan94

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If he leaves I have upmost confidence that he was 'all in' along with the successes and can't really be too upset about that.

Being sarcastic but I wouldn't be surprised if Chizik was texting with Auburn officials during games his last season in Ames.

I know you're being intentionally douchey (and I'm all here for it, LOL), but the difference would be Campbell succeeded here - Chizik didn't stay long enough to determine whether he would or not.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
If he leaves I have upmost confidence that he was 'all in' along with the successes and can't really be too upset about that.

Being sarcastic but I wouldn't be surprised if Chizik was texting with Auburn officials during games his last season in Ames.

Texting wasn't a popular activity amoung middle aged men in 2007/08.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron