*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs #17 Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's also the reason why I'm one of the few that doesn't get nervous when the talking heads talk about where he might be coaching next year. He loves coaching in Ames, and he's well aware the grass isn't necessarily greener elsewhere. If he leaves, he leaves. I just don't think he will.

If he leaves I have upmost confidence that he was 'all in' along with the successes and can't really be too upset about that.

Being sarcastic but I wouldn't be surprised if Chizik was texting with Auburn officials during games his last season in Ames.

• Haha
Reactions: dirtyninety

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well, I watched the last 3 minutes of the game and it seems pretty clear that the announcers did not get any better. It's like they were calling a funeral.

They pretty much were acting like the game was over when it was 20-10 and Kolar was playing high school ball on the drive.

They were ****** anyway but then really ****** for that kind of stuff.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
This x1000. I think Ehlinger is a great player, and deserves some hype, but what we heard today from the announcers was pathetic. Even the spotlight on Ricky Williams interfered with the game.....
ESPN/FOX...wouldn't it be nice from these suit guys to just say what a great win this was for ISU without the next sentence being..."Well, Matt Campbell's phone will be ringing with new coaching vacancies after today's win. Ugh...I get it but it doesn't mean I like it. It's like calling our university, garbage.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I thought Herman had a really good gamplan, he probably outcoached us in the first quarter but the strength of our defensive staff is adjustments. Defensively, depth on the line was the difference and on offense, having Milton back was big. The TE's were great and Shaw played well but Milton brings something no one else can.
Yes great to have Milton back!

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
They pretty much were acting like the game was over when it was 20-10 and Kolar was playing high school ball on the drive.

They were ****** anyway but then really ****** for that kind of stuff.

Didn't they show some graphic about Ehlinger, something like toughest of the game or player of the game, something like that in the first half?

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Been babysitting grandkids all day (awesome!), so only was able to see bits and pieces. However, my techie wife has the YouTubeTV set to record all Cyclone games, so I will be enjoying the game in its entirety tonight! Isn’t she the best? I’m a lucky guy!