Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
That’s totally fine. I’ll stick with using stats and data from the most well-respected college basketball analytics site, and you stick with forming opinions based on feelings and biases.
Top 10 here:

#7 here:

#16 here:

I could continue on, but you get the point. ESPN ranked the Big 10 and Iowa came in 9th. No one fears playing in CHA.

Reactions: Cytown12 and jmkc12

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
You can look it up yourself if you have a KenPom subscription. Iowa is 10th in home court advantage, Iowa State 18th.

You do realize that being a crappy road team tends to inflate your home court advantage. If you get killed by MSU on the road and play them close at home, it inflates the "home court advantage". Johnny' Orr's teams were the same as they typically played bad on the road.

I've been to Carver multiple times and the only thing intimidating is having to park a mile away and walk.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

OtisMyMan

May 3, 2013
Carver is a pretty tepid atmosphere. The student sections rarely helps their cause, and the good seats are full of old timers who gave money to build the arena 40+ years ago. That said, they did manage to win all but two there last season.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Carver is a pretty tepid atmosphere. The student sections rarely helps their cause, and the good seats are full of old timers who gave money to build the arena 40+ years ago. That said, they did manage to win all but two there last season.

Its sad because it used to be rocking in the 80s and early 90s with those fun Tom Davis teams. I don't buy the Arena sucks, because when it is full and it is a big game the arena gets loud and it is awesome. Sadly those have been few and far between the last 20 years.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Maybe Garza told them he was planing on coming back for a 5th year. I mean he really isn’t on any NBA mocks so he should stay and set all the records.
That would make sense. I'm not sure how Sandfort's commitment would effect this North Dakota State kid unless this was the case

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Well Iowa doesn’t really need him. Patrick, Nunge, and the Murray’s all play the same position.
I hope for Patrick, his family, and Iowa fans he's healthy and can play. He probably needs to add some weight if he's able to.
Nunge's health can also come into question.
And you have no clue what the Murrays will do.

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
I hope for Patrick, his family, and Iowa fans he's healthy and can play. He probably needs to add some weight if he's able to.
Nunge's health can also come into question.
And you have no clue what the Murrays will do.
Patrick is at least up over 200 lbs now which is good. I really hope he is ok this year health wise but if he isn’t I’ve got wonder if he will potentially call it a career. I think Nunge will be ok this year. I’ve heard some good things about the Murray’s about how athletic they are. My source has said they are incredible jumpers. Someone I forgot to mention was Ogundele. He’s gotten much stronger and has really slimmed down. He’s been described as a bully under the rim and he has solid speed for a 6’10” 280 lb big man. Not getting that guy doesn’t really hurt us.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Nunge will be ok this year. I’ve heard some good things about the Murray’s about how athletic they are. My source has said they are incredible jumpers.
Didnt practice just start this week?

Also, the "source" angle is lame.