Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That could be said for A LOT of their away games.
Ok. I was going to make really smart ass comments about the morgue that the peacock is stuck playing.

Googled quiet college basketball. Found Taylor university in Indiana. This is freaking cool. Tons of great coverage on this annual event. Here is 2019. The jist is the fans are silent until 10th point is scored. Bedlam ensues.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not sure why you guys rag so much on CHA when Kenpom says that it is a bigger home court advantage than Hilton is.

Carver sucks

Remember when you said Brian Ferentz should be put on administrative leave before you "left" here?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Barta doin work!

Going all out is he to try and save his job for when the new president is hired? Probably also doin work to figure out how the swim team was out of Title IX compliance. I can't tell if you are serious or trying to be funny.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Is posting a fact really a hot take? Maybe it is to Iowa State fans.
No one fears playing in CHA. Hilton is widely known as a tough place to play.

This reminds me of Paul Rhoads going to his statistics sheet in the KSU game years ago that ended up losing the game for him. No one outside of IC would say Carver is a tougher place to play than Hilton. With that said, I'm happy to see you dying on a ridiculous hill such as this.

Reactions: Cytown12

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
No one fears playing in CHA. Hilton is widely known as a tough place to play.

This reminds me of Paul Rhoads going to his statistics sheet in the KSU game years ago that ended up losing the game for him. No one outside of IC would say Carver is a tougher place to play than Hilton. With that said, I'm happy to see you dying on a ridiculous hill such as this.

That’s totally fine. I’ll stick with using stats and data from the most well-respected college basketball analytics site, and you stick with forming opinions based on feelings and biases.

• Wow
Reactions: Cytown12

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
You can look it up yourself if you have a KenPom subscription. Iowa is 10th in home court advantage, Iowa State 18th.
What is the evaluation methodology and time frame? Is it a true HCA or merely a factor of good teams or crappy competition? I mean, you put a good team in one of the lowest rated HCA arenas and all of sudden it will improve tremendously. How have they fared against good conference teams? For example: just looked,

Iowa has gone 10-14 against Wisconsin, Mich St and Ohio St. over last 10 years in CHA. Those opponents were ranked 14 times and 4 times were in top 5.

Same ten years, Iowa State has gone 21-9 against Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Those opponents were ranked 18 times and 8 times were in top 5.

(those teams were chosen because they have been consistently good over that time and they each made at least one Final Four).

Based off those numbers, it appears Hilton has a better HCA or ISU has been the better team during that stretch.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
That’s totally fine. I’ll stick with using stats and data from the most well-respected college basketball analytics site, and you stick with forming opinions based on feelings and biases.

Too bad your brain is so small you can't even think for yourself. Yep, I believe everything I see and read on the internet because the internet is right. Sure you can hold up that huge ego of yours.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Too bad your brain is so small you can't even think for yourself. Yep, I believe everything I see and read on the internet because the internet is right. Sure you can hold up that huge ego of yours.
He also said he wasn't going to support Iowa football anymore if Brian wasn't removed from his position yet here he is