Big 12 Defenses

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
What don't you understand? Sure you get to say you beat #18 OU, but you also only get credit for where they are at now. So currently you are 0-1 vs AP top 25 teams and you are 3-0 vs unranked teams.
can call it whatever they want but they haven’t beat a team with a winning record as of right now.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
can call it whatever they want but they haven’t beat a team with a winning record as of right now.

Yeah it is a simple concept they don't seem to understand. ISU is currently 0-1 vs AP top 25 teams and 3-0 vs unranked teams. ISU's 3 wins have come against teams that are currently 2-7 in Big12 play.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Utah, Florida St., Oklahoma St., WVU, all had situations. I was also talking on a much greater scale than just football. If you didn't notice the cry across the country to recognize racial inequalities you must live in Carroll Iowa.
Did you really just compare what happened at Iowa to those 4 schools? Wow

• Haha
Reactions: mikeiastat

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Did you really just compare what happened at Iowa to those 4 schools? Wow

How did I compare them? I said they all had situations, did they not have racial issues at those schools?

Listen I get you wanna troll this in the worst way, and try to say I'm some racist because I'm a Hawk fan. Knock yourself out if you want, you are gonna do what you do. Just find it odd that I am off this board for about 2 weeks and you call me out with a question to get me to post again so you can then run this troll that I'm some racist.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
as spread offenses emerged in the Big 12, no one knew how to stop it. Maybe if you had a month to prepare for a bowl game you had a chance, but to stop up tempo spreads week after week is very hard. Your D is on the field for 85 plays, the up tempo prevents the subs. Injuries mount, and inexperienced backups puts defenses in an even worse position. So the Big 12 was the first league to adopt the inovations. Coaches like Mangino, Pinklel, Bryles, Gundy, had the non blue bloods type schools rocking. Now, a lot of Big 12 programs have seen it enough they are learning how to defend it and scores are going down. Plus a lot of the teams are getting away from full spreads and trying other things. Other leagues have been adopting the spread concepts the past couple of years and low and behold, the scores are going up. But the advantage the other leagues have is they have 10 years of film to learn and prepare, the Big 12 schools, being the inovators, had to figure it our on their own over time. Despite that , the other leagues are proving they can't stop it either. Yes, that includes Alabama with a bunch of 4 and 5 star defenders. Besides Klatt and Nuehisel, none of the other college football talking heads are framing this the right way.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Lol what? I asked you this

You responded this

Did those schools all have racial issue situation come up?

I have said before I'm simply not going to discuss this stuff on here with an internet troll who's only angle is to paint me as a racist. I'm not dumb enough to play your stupid game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Did those schools all have racial issue situation come up?

I have said before I'm simply not going to discuss this stuff on here with an internet troll who's only angle is to paint me as a racist. I'm not dumb enough to play your stupid game.
I'll ask again. What other school had a situation like Iowa's?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah it is a simple concept they don't seem to understand. ISU is currently 0-1 vs AP top 25 teams and 3-0 vs unranked teams. ISU's 3 wins have come against teams that are currently 2-7 in Big12 play.

Everybody on here but you seem to understand it. What everybody here is saying is that ESPN, Fox, etc. ALL use ranking at the time of game when they talk about records vs. ranked teams. That's not a disputable thing that you get to agree to disagree on. You're claiming "that's not how it works" when it is exactly how it works.

You can not like it all you want, or you can say, "yeah, but that win was overrated, etc." but stop arguing a clear fact that is not disputable. That's what morons do.

I will admit too when Iowa's race issues came out I thought we'd see lots of school with major issues. But I was dead wrong, and you were too. No one else had anything remotely close in terms of sheer volume and intensity of problem. It wasn't a CFB problem like I figured it would be. It was an Iowa problem.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Everybody on here but you seem to understand it. What everybody here is saying is that ESPN, Fox, etc. ALL use ranking at the time of game when they talk about records vs. ranked teams. That's not a disputable thing that you get to agree to disagree on. You're claiming "that's not how it works" when it is exactly how it works.

I have said like 7 times that you beat #18 rated OU.

What you dolts can't seem to understand is that doesn't change the fact that you are currently 0-1 against AP top 25 teams. That changes every week with every poll. At the end of the year the only AP top 25 teams you played will the the ones in that last ranking. For instance last year ISU was 0-5 vs AP top 25 teams. It doesn't matter that Baylor wasn't ranked when you played them, they finished ranked and ISU was 0-5 vs AP top 25 teams with losses to ND, Iowa, OU, Texas and Baylor.