Big 12 Defenses

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
In June you were predicting it to not be just Iowa. It ended up being just Iowa and now you're doubling down on it and saying that racism is running rampant in college football which isn't true

I said racial inequalities run rampant through all levels of football. That would start at the high school level all the way up to the NFL. Try looking at the ratio of minority head coaches and assistant coaches throughout the high school, college and NFL levels. After you look at that tell me we don't have racial disparities running rampant through all levels of football.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I said racial inequalities run rampant through all levels of football. That would start at the high school level all the way up to the NFL. Try looking at the ratio of minority head coaches and assistant coaches throughout the high school, college and NFL levels. After you look at that tell me we don't have racial disparities running rampant through all levels of football.

I'll ask once again. What other school had a situation like Iowa's?

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
There was a dark period in American history when racism was justified and accepted. It appears as if this attitude has continued with some Hawk fans. Pretty disturbing to say the least.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
You have beaten Sagarin #58, #73, and #120. Cupcake city.

says the fan of the team that made a living in the historically PATHETIC big 10 west. ISU deserves a break the schedule for once

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Don't know how many more times I can say I'm not gonna talk racial inequalities with an internet troll who's only goal is to call me racist.
I'm not going to call you racist. You can admit this only happened at Iowa instead of dancing around the question

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm not going to call you racist. You can admit this only happened at Iowa instead of dancing around the question

You have already called me racist several time before, just because I wouldn't answer your question. Guessing this one is heading there as well soon. I'm not dancing around anything, I'm simply not going there. You can ask me 1000 more times, I'm not gonna discuss racial inequalities with an internet troll like you.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You have already called me racist several time before, just because I wouldn't answer your question. Guessing this one is heading there as well soon. I'm not dancing around anything, I'm simply not going there. You can ask me 1000 more times, I'm not gonna discuss racial inequalities with an internet troll like you.
So you are OK saying racism is running rampant in college football but not OK saying the issues at Iowa were not like anywhere else? Wow

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
So you agree that ISU schedule is cupcake city.
Depends on what computer ranking system you care to use. Per Sagerin, the average team rating for Iowa State is 59. In comparison, Iowa's opponents average is 44. If you like Massey, Iowa State's opponents average is 36, while Iowa clocks in at 44. Who is right? Honestly, no clue until the the teams finish their schedules...anything else at this point is pure trolling, especially given that two conferences haven't even started playing and the impact on COVID on traditional ranking is profound.

One thing for sure right now is that the two traditional powers in the Big 12 are down this year...Oklahoma State is untested but appears good; Kansas State is playing well which is no surprise given the discipline normally with KSU teams...very important this year...no surprise that ISU has an identical record playing the same league teams so far...discipline this year is vital. KU is beyond bad, and the rest fall in between.

Who knows what the BIG will deliver, especially when COVID rears it head and causes schedule cancellations and changes...to me, Iowa's discipline would normally be a plus, but this year given COVID and the early summer upheaval could lead to unexpected results no matter what the difficulty of the schedule. Throw in that many teams have had very restricted contact despite being together since June and you are going to get weird things. Who knows...maybe even Nebraska has a revival...

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Depends on what computer ranking system you care to use. Per Sagerin, the average team rating for Iowa State is 59. In comparison, Iowa's opponents average is 44. If you like Massey, Iowa State's opponents average is 36, while Iowa clocks in at 44. Who is right? Honestly, no clue until the the teams finish their schedules...anything else at this point is pure trolling, especially given that two conferences haven't even started playing and the impact on COVID on traditional ranking is profound.

One thing for sure right now is that the two traditional powers in the Big 12 are down this year...Oklahoma State is untested but appears good; Kansas State is playing well which is no surprise given the discipline normally with KSU teams...very important this year...no surprise that ISU has an identical record playing the same league teams so far...discipline this year is vital. KU is beyond bad, and the rest fall in between.

Who knows what the BIG will deliver, especially when COVID rears it head and causes schedule cancellations and changes...to me, Iowa's discipline would normally be a plus, but this year given COVID and the early summer upheaval could lead to unexpected results no matter what the difficulty of the schedule. Throw in that many teams have had very restricted contact despite being together since June and you are going to get weird things. Who knows...maybe even Nebraska has a revival...

Yeah there are lots of SOS metrics out there and obviously no metric is complete until all the data is in. If you actually look at the differing SOS metrics they are all over the board, and it really shows that none of them by themselves are any good. I like looking at a combination of them all, but even then it is like who really cares (outside of ISU fans that is).

Heck even when Sagarin says ISU SOS is #5 and Iowa's was #30 like last year they still also said ISU wins 7 games playing Iowa schedule and Iowa wins 10 playing ISU schedule. So if a 25 spot swing in their SOS ranking in essences means +/- 0 total wins and losses it shows you that these things are so razor close anyway that it is insignificant.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins