Big 12 Defenses

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
No, but it does seem that the entirety of college football and the NFL are having some issues with defense. Could be a variety of factors, but there has definitely been a decline.
I've seen it in high school football as well. Defense appears to be a Covid casualty so far anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The Hawks use at the time rankings in their sports guides.
I was listening to a national football podcast and they talked about A&M's top 5 victory. They then talked about how it was a top 5 victory because if Florida wins, it's a top 5 loss. While I can understand part of the logic of the opposing side, I think you should give more credit to the team that beats the ranked team and not punish them for winning.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
if you're a "little" picture guy.

Even an undefeated Iowa State season would of been a tier below the handful of real contenders just like the HoKKKs. Winning the Big XII this year truly is an attainable goal. I doubt we'd be 3-0 right now in conference if we didn't open with a quality opponent.

Only the most delusional Iowa fan would think they could compete with the real contenders. You only have to go back to their "undefeated season " which last i checked had 2 losses.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not the way it works. You go by current rankings. That is like pretending Miss St beat a good LSU team, they didn’t. Maybe OU gets back in the rankings at the end of the year, but right now ISU is 0-1 vs top 25 teams.

Like it or not, everybody uses rankings at the time of games when they post stats on record vs. ranked teams. It's fine to argue the merits of doing it that way, but when you say "you go by current rankings," judging that statement gives us two options from which we must choose:

Option #1: Every sports networks' stats department
Option #2: Some dumbass troll from Turdville, IA

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Completely forgot about Chase. Wonder if him not playing will hurt his stock at all. Most likely not a ton but it seems as if he did make the right decision. LSU looks bad this year.

His teammate Marshall has to be the frontrunner for the Biletnikoff this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Beating OU could end up being better or worse, depending on how they do. Right now ISU is 3-0 vs unranked teams and 0-1 vs ranked teams. That could change next week, but that is what they are.

It's fun to see a tavern hoks following Iowa State and arguing about the ranking of our opponents, while their team sits home watching and waiting for freezing weather games to come.

Reactions: Cytown12

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Beating OU could end up being better or worse, depending on how they do. Right now ISU is 3-0 vs unranked teams and 0-1 vs ranked teams. That could change next week, but that is what they are.
According to the ESPN app, ISU beat #18 OU two weeks ago. The ranking still shows up. Know why? Because they were ranked on the day ISU beat them. That means, ISU played and beat a ranked team. It's not supposed to be confusing, but here we are.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Finebaum might be the dumbest guy doing football commentary, and that is saying something. He was still running with the Big 12 is in trouble and could get poached by conferences including the ACC and PAC two years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
According to the ESPN app, ISU beat #18 OU two weeks ago. The ranking still shows up. Know why? Because they were ranked on the day ISU beat them. That means, ISU played and beat a ranked team. It's not supposed to be confusing, but here we are.
According to @Legend Hawk, ESPN is not credible. Screenshot_20201012-183036.png

Probably one of the many twitterhoks also calling former Iowa players "non-credible" who spoke up about the racist problems within Hawkeye football program.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt