Big 12 Defenses

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
According to @Legend Hawk, ESPN is not credible. View attachment 76535

Probably one of the many twitterhoks also calling former Iowa players "non-credible" who spoke up about the racist problems within Hawkeye football program.
He actually went with the "well yeah Ferentz is racist but so is everybody else" angle

You'd think some people would learn around here, but sadly they don't. I wouldn't be throwing rocks in glass houses, the veil is getting pulled back and I think many are gonna be shocked how much racism runs throughout college football and our country.

When is the veil getting pulled back?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
He actually went with the "well yeah Ferentz is racist but so is everybody else" angle
Ah so he was in the crowd that thought the floodgates would open of players from other programs speaking out about systemic racism within their program. Surprise, Iowa football was the only program players spoke out against! Still can't believe any reasonable person would still back that program.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
According to the ESPN app, ISU beat #18 OU two weeks ago. The ranking still shows up. Know why? Because they were ranked on the day ISU beat them. That means, ISU played and beat a ranked team. It's not supposed to be confusing, but here we are.
There’s just no point in trying to talk to hokroaches. It’s like bashing your head against a brick wall hoping to break through.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
According to the ESPN app, ISU beat #18 OU two weeks ago. The ranking still shows up. Know why? Because they were ranked on the day ISU beat them. That means, ISU played and beat a ranked team. It's not supposed to be confusing, but here we are.

Tell me how teams are ranked by the playoff committee. Do you think Miss St. is gonna get mad props for beating #6 incredibly over ranked LSU? Nope, they are going to look at who Miss St beat and it will be a completely average LSU team they beat, and they will be credited for that, not for beating the current #6 ranked team.

Basketball is the exact same way as well. It is a quad 1 win until that team is no longer a quad 1 team, when they become a Quad 2 team, they get credit for beating a Quad 2 team.

It is pretty simple, it is the way it has always been.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
It’s been a rough day for him on here before this. Yikes.

Wasn't a rough day at all for me, actually even got a B+ grade. I only even posted today because Twins called out to me in a post of his, seems like he was missing me.

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
Beating OU could end up being better or worse, depending on how they do. Right now ISU is 3-0 vs unranked teams and 0-1 vs ranked teams. That could change next week, but that is what they are.
derp. Let your delusions run wild.
In the meantime, educate yourself on how rankings work relative to when teams play each other and each teams current standing.

Tavern Hawks Are Awesome

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

derp. Let your delusions run wild.
In the meantime, educate yourself on how rankings work relative to when teams play each other and each teams current standing.

Tavern Hawks Are Awesome

What don't you understand? Sure you get to say you beat #18 OU, but you also only get credit for where they are at now. So currently you are 0-1 vs AP top 25 teams and you are 3-0 vs unranked teams.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
What don't you understand? Sure you get to say you beat #18 OU, but you also only get credit for where they are at now. So currently you are 0-1 vs AP top 25 teams and you are 3-0 vs unranked teams.

Revisionist History is one of my favorite podcasts too.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Revisionist History is one of my favorite podcasts too.

I'm not sure what you don't understand here. Iowa beat #22 rated USC. So yeah they beat #22 USC. Yet after the season I didn't try to claim that Iowa beat a top 25 USC team, because they didn't' end up ranked in the last poll.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I'm not sure what you don't understand here. Iowa beat #22 rated USC. So yeah they beat #22 USC. Yet after the season I didn't try to claim that Iowa beat a top 25 USC team, because they didn't' end up ranked in the last poll.
I'm not sure what you don't understand here or why you are here to begin with? I guess we are both confused.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Tell me how teams are ranked by the playoff committee. Do you think Miss St. is gonna get mad props for beating #6 incredibly over ranked LSU? Nope, they are going to look at who Miss St beat and it will be a completely average LSU team they beat, and they will be credited for that, not for beating the current #6 ranked team.

Basketball is the exact same way as well. It is a quad 1 win until that team is no longer a quad 1 team, when they become a Quad 2 team, they get credit for beating a Quad 2 team.

It is pretty simple, it is the way it has always been.
Well, you've changed my mind.

Guys, we haven't beaten a ranked team this season. A guy on the internet said so.

• Haha
Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron