Top Ten good things about Iowa State Football this Century....

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
11. We had a really kick-*** punter turn into our best kicker this century.

10. We got a really attractive, aesthetically-pleasing, cool looking .com bowl trophy

9. We are so tough we broke Adrian Peterson's collar bone.

8. We made a few guys rich.

7. We made a few uniform suppliers some money too.

6. We finished within the top 3 of the Big 12 North at least twice!

5. Our defense had gotten philisophically more aggressive and statistically better (Oops. That was a "Top Ten things that have NOT happened this Century for Cyclone Football")

4. We have really helped some other college programs establish their recruiting and build a base by giving them a good, quality win over a Big 12 opponent. UConn loves us.

3. We beat Notre Dame! (Oops. That was a "Top Ten good things about Navy football this Century")

2. We have won more 1st halves than Duke has won 1st halves.

1. We have beat the team of a bunch of satin-jacket clad ignoramous's 7 out of the last 11 years.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
I wish we could say we won as many games the past two years as the Iowa football team had arrests.

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
Really he broke it himself diving into the endzone, there wasn't really anyone around him...as a Viking fan I'm glad he did that so we could land him at #7!

That was an attempt at self-depricating humor and self-mocking. AD would have run for 400 yards that game if he wouldn't have landed on himself. I think he ran through two of our 5'-9", 150 lb. corners on that very play before he dove. I never, never understand why we recruit such small guys as corners......we are Iowa State, we gotta think outside the box to get some success going. Gene says he is going after atheletes, so hopefully we'll start seeing some 6-footers out there who can man up on coverage.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
That was an attempt at self-depricating humor and self-mocking. AD would have run for 400 yards that game if he wouldn't have landed on himself. I think he ran through two of our 5'-9", 150 lb. corners on that very play before he dove. I never, never understand why we recruit such small guys as corners......we are Iowa State, we gotta think outside the box to get some success going. Gene says he is going after atheletes, so hopefully we'll start seeing some 6-footers out there who can man up on coverage.

I believe he broke it on the last play of the game, or close to.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
6 years ago at one point we were rated #8 in the nation.....and then we went to Norman....ouch....that one still hurts.

Help Support Us

Become a patron