*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
dang we need a 2nd rb
when kene missed the 1st down and purdy had to sneak on 4th i knew it was hopeless, hes a good kid, just not a big 12 rb

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Most frustrating is we got beat up front by what should by all accounts be an inferior team with inferior athletes, inferior coaches, inferior facilities etc. We got beat on both sides of the ball up front. It seems as though we really don't have better talent than a Sun Belt team. A good Sun Belt team. But that's like saying we went home with the hottest fat chick after last call. I'm feeling hopelessness for the program, feelings I haven't felt since Rhoads final days.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
i will say this
our lines are fine sorry thats what i believe
our wide outs and qb timing with them and their lack of physicality and the their blocking was all junk
and purdy needs to make defenses pay when they go man by scrambling
ya were screwed if hall gets hurt but fine if he can stay healthy

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Most frustrating is we got beat up front by what should by all accounts be an inferior team with inferior athletes, inferior coaches, inferior facilities etc. We got beat on both sides of the ball up front. It seems as though we really don't have better talent than a Sun Belt team. A good Sun Belt team. But that's like saying we went home with the hottest fat chick after last call. I'm feeling hopelessness for the program, feelings I haven't felt since Rhoads final days.
This is how I feel too. If this was a one score loss.. Then okay, maybe it was unlucky, one bad play, one bad call, etc. But no, this was a thrashing at home to an inferior team. What’s worse, is we just have up at the end, with 5 minutes left. No time outs, just called it a day. As if it meant nothing. That’s what truly irks me

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
dang we need a 2nd rb
when kene missed the 1st down and purdy had to sneak on 4th i knew it was hopeless, hes a good kid, just not a big 12 rb
Kene may not be great, but our O line struggling all day long to get good push against a Sun Belt team is the biggest takeaway from that sequence. Where we truly lost the game was on special teams. That is some of the most hapless kick coverage effort I've ever seen in 20+years as a football fan.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Kene may not be great, but our O line struggling all day long to get good push against a Sun Belt team is the biggest takeaway from that sequence. Where we truly lost the game was on special teams. That is some of the most hapless kick coverage effort I've ever seen in 20+years as a football fan.

On at least one of the returns ISU had players run into each other.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This is how I feel too. If this was a one score loss.. Then okay, maybe it was unlucky, one bad play, one bad call, etc. But no, this was a thrashing at home to an inferior team. What’s worse, is we just have up at the end, with 5 minutes left. No time outs, just called it a day. As if it meant nothing. That’s what truly irks me
I'm not sure the final score was truly reflective of how the teams were matched up. We gift wrapped them the ball twice in our own red zone, they scored on 3 big plays, really fluky stuff. Thing is, these are issues that have been present for awhile now. I'm not sure how confident I am for them to get corrected. The 3 biggest head scratchers today were in my opinion:

Offensive play calling
Special teams coverage units
Offensive line underwhelmed against what could be the worst front 7 they'll face besides KU

If we clean up even one of those areas today, my guess is the outcome is different. They are systemic issues though, that have been present for 5 years so easier said than done in how to correct them. Campbell can't seem to figure it out.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Oh yeah, especially if you can do something else while you listen. mow the yard, rake leaves, clean vehicles, etc

Hey Farminclone...There used to be a commercial on the radio that said..."Your Radio Is Portable"....Perfect for people who want to Multi Task......
GO CYCLONES beat the Froggies

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I'm not sure the final score was truly reflective of how the teams were matched up. We gift wrapped them the ball twice in our own red zone, they scored on 3 big plays, really fluky stuff. Thing is, these are issues that have been present for awhile now. I'm not sure how confident I am for them to get corrected. The 3 biggest head scratchers today were in my opinion:

Offensive play calling
Special teams coverage units
Offensive line underwhelmed against what could be the worst front 7 they'll face besides KU

If we clean up even one of those areas today, my guess is the outcome is different. They are systemic issues though, that have been present for 5 years so easier said than done in how to correct them. Campbell can't seem to figure it out.

hones I didn’t think the score was reflective of the game, Cajuns should have won by a lot more

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Amen to this. I’ve always felt Campbell is too serious. I never see any fun on the sidelines. He’s acting like my coaches in the 1980’s. Get over it. It’s a game Matt. Gotta loosen it up and make some connections with the players. Am I the only one annoyed at his seriousness in interviews. He may not be capable of chillin’ ??

Matt Campbell could not "Chill" if he wanted to IMHO. CMC is one Serious Dude....

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Trying to find some sort of bright spot from this game before our next blow out loss to TCU... are there any?

I didn’t see anything positive offensively, not one. Defense is as expected generally, but not going to dominate games either.