*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
This one really is stinging....normally I get over these fast, this one tough though ...just feels like the whole program was exposed as a fraud today and there is nothing anyone can do....and if I can’t believe Campbell is the guy for football, and basketball in big trouble...just giving me anxiety today

I don’t know...this one really is bothering me

I'm kinda immune to it at this point. It was really embarrassing for an hour or two, but whatever. We won't be as bad in two weeks, but any hope that Campbell is some miracle worker is fading. We still need the jimmys and joes, and we're still behind there. Watching ISU-UL and then ND-Duke back to back was eye opening. We were sloooooooow

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Let them play. Isn't that what we want?

There were a couple of close ones but overall I though LA's 2ndary had the ability to be aggressive and get some contact without actually interrupting the process which is really the goal, i.e. there's always contact like there's always holding on the Oline. It's the blatant stuff that gets called when you're not very good.

Reactions: khardbored

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There were a couple of close ones but overall I though LA's 2ndary had the ability to be aggressive and get some contact without actually interrupting the process which is really the goal, i.e. there's always contact like there's always holding on the Oline. It's the blatant stuff that gets called when you're not very good.
They played really solid man coverage. Having said that they still got away with at least three PIs imo.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

I distinctly remember two no-call PIs that directly affected the result of the play and deserved a flag. I understand sometimes when an advantage wasn't really gained. That wasn't the case. That said, it was way down the list of troubling things about the game.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
Exactly. Cajuns we’re really were aggressive attacking the arms of our receivers. Sometimes a bit too early but the ref’s let them play today. I did notice XHutch with a couple fiesty catches so that Is a positive. He gets it. Not sure the lanky Chase does tho. Fight for that ball if it’s in your area !!

They seemed to be good at getting there just early enough to disrupt the play but not so early as to draw a flag... which it seemed like there should have been several...

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
This team doesn’t seem to have any fire and excitement. Even going back to the end of the year last year. Could it be that they are being over coached? Are they having fun? Would it help if Brock could go back to being the exciting Brock? Rose back to the middle? Let the playmakers make plays. Get the team excited.

Early in the broadcast announcers said CMC said we were spent last year and he thought it was his fault. Said since HE'S a grinder everyone should be a grinder so they changed some things in the off season. Which apparently haven't worked yet.

• Useful
Reactions: CyBobby

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They're going five wide and letting it fly. We're looking at the sideline for 30 seconds and running one-read pass plays

With a 2.5 year starter.

The clock bleeding thing is maybe what you do with a manageable lead and the offense moving the ball in the 4th quarter, not all game and down by 10 with 7 minutes left.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
They're going five wide and letting it fly. We're looking at the sideline for 30 seconds and running one-read pass plays

For whatever reason feels like we have gotten super conservative last couple years, offense plays really slow

Reactions: motorcy90