I hope it hasn't got this bad for anyone yet!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's pretty neat he's giving over half to charity. Can't argue with that.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Note:In the event that the newly selected team is Ohio State, I promise to fulfill my obligation. However, in order to fit into the Ohio State culture, I might need some help reducing my I.Q. as well as learning to acquire an appetite for Slim Jim's and Pickled Pig's Feet. Fortunately, I am already married and will not be able to find a close relative who would be willing to wed.

That is GREAT!!:notworthy:​

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
weak conference with weak fans.

-keep.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Note:In the event that the newly selected team is Ohio State, I promise to fulfill my obligation. However, in order to fit into the Ohio State culture, I might need some help reducing my I.Q. as well as learning to acquire an appetite for Slim Jim's and Pickled Pig's Feet. Fortunately, I am already married and will not be able to find a close relative who would be willing to wed.

That is GREAT!!:notworthy:​

I was just going to post this. Best part of the whole deal.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
weak conference with weak fans.

-keep.

i agree...

I thought it was kinda funny, but honestly, it is pretty weak. I know I am looking at this much to seriously... but this is the FIRST time in 30+ years Michigan HAS NOT gone to a bowl game. First time in forever (100+ years?) they have not won 4 or more games.

One bad season and some of their fans are already completely giving up. One season of adversity and its all lost...

Most ISU fans would swap for Michigan Football's history and prestige in a heartbeat. Iowa State has some of the most resilient and loyal fans in all of college football.

its easy to be a fan when your team is winning all the time. Adversity brings out the true character of a fanbase. I can only imagine what their fan base would be like if this SHORT spurt of mediocrity lasted for a decade or so.

Last edited:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
i agree...

I thought it was kinda funny, but honestly, it is pretty weak. I know I am looking at this much to seriously... but this is the FIRST time in 30+ years Michigan HAS NOT gone to a bowl game. First time in forever (100+ years?) they have not won 4 or more games.

One bad season and some of their fans are already completely giving up. One season of adversity and its all lost...

Most ISU fans would swap for Michigan Football's history and prestige in a heartbeat. Iowa State has some of the most resilient and loyal fans in all of college football.

its easy to be a fan when your team is winning all the time. Adversity brings out the true character of a fanbase. I can only imagine what their fan base would be like if this SHORT spurt of mediocrity lasted for a decade or so.

Also, don't forget, probably at least half of those fans are fans because they were winning. It's the same in Iowa. Iowa has a bigger fan base because of their success in the 80s. When you chose to root for the team because they were the winner, it's even harder for them to stomach when they lose. And probably easier for them to actually make the switch.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
Also, don't forget, probably at least half of those fans are fans because they were winning. It's the same in Iowa. Iowa has a bigger fan base because of their success in the 80s. When you chose to root for the team because they were the winner, it's even harder for them to stomach when they lose. And probably easier for them to actually make the switch.

True, growing up I didnt start watching football until I was about 8-9 years old. I started watching the Packers in about 1993 (same season Favre became starter). It wasn't until 2003 that the packers had a losing/dismal season (3-13). I went 10 years seeing some decent to really good football before I finally got a taste of begin a bad team. I prepared myself though, I knew during the good times that once they got bad my true test of "fandom" would begin. Fortunately, for me, they haven't had any extended streaks of losing seasons, so it hasn't been too hard being a fan.

Thats ok though, because my Cyclones have givin me enough losing in the last few seasons to make up for it...

The good thing (at least I think) about sticking with your team no matter what is when you go the to lowest lows with your team, the highs feel even better :smile:

Last edited:

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Man and we thought we had a couple fairweather fans on this site ha
Thats weak michigan is one of the greatest teams of all time and after one bad year hes going to just give up i hope that some guy from like Idaho state bids on him, then michigan wins the national championship the next year i dont think no matter how hard i tried i couldnt root for another team with the passion i do with iowa state it just wouldnt feel right

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
The Hawks have had a huge following for years. They went through 20 losing seasons and still had a huge fan base. I hate them as much as anybody but they have had a faithful following for a very long time.