Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We have a new client that uses some weird very simple automation package that expires the end of August and I am supposed to be converting it to another package. This is my favorite kind of work. I just get to sit and bang out code. Unfortunately with all the stupid calls I need to be on finding the time is the hardest part. All I need to do by the end of the month is replace it's functionality and after that I can work on adding more stuff.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
We have a new client that uses some weird very simple automation package that expires the end of August and I am supposed to be converting it to another package. This is my favorite kind of work. I just get to sit and bang out code. Unfortunately with all the stupid calls I need to be on finding the time is the hardest part. All I need to do by the end of the month is replace it's functionality and after that I can work on adding more stuff.

It's nice to be able to do your actual job isn't it? Not have to deal with any of the other BS stuff. Clearly defined problem, have a pretty good idea what needs to be done, and hopefully nobody bothering you while you try and finish it. Unfortunately it seems like for me the only chance I get to do that uninterrupted would be on Saturdays (which I've done on multiple occasions. In at 7 and out by 1 and get more done in 6 hours than I would in 2-3 days it felt like).

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
My parents' 49th wedding anniversary is today.

Which means my sister and I have one year to figure out what to do for their 50th.
:oops::oops::oops:

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Starting to get humid again. And windy cause the wind gods hate me. Rode 35 miles. DND. I spy one corgi. And a bunch of homeless peeps camping along the Midtown Greenway which I haven't biked much this year.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I was driving behind this Camaro this morning that was going slow as ****. Stopped at a light, the driver had his phone mounted to the windshield directly in front of him. How is that legal?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
KC, call someone’s bluff and this happens:

Attachments

• 8544BEF8-B61E-4808-945E-A84979C4ABC3.jpeg
    8544BEF8-B61E-4808-945E-A84979C4ABC3.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 17

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It's nice to be able to do your actual job isn't it? Not have to deal with any of the other BS stuff. Clearly defined problem, have a pretty good idea what needs to be done, and hopefully nobody bothering you while you try and finish it. Unfortunately it seems like for me the only chance I get to do that uninterrupted would be on Saturdays (which I've done on multiple occasions. In at 7 and out by 1 and get more done in 6 hours than I would in 2-3 days it felt like).
sousaphone2.jpg
Your screen name always makes me think of this...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Randoms:

We seem to have caught your Iowa drought disease. Was hoping for da rain last night or today. Nope.​
******* blue jays. Noisy annoying *****.​
Should we start a Go Fund Me to get @NWICY a new confuser? Update, he's not dead but his computer is, again.​
I think I need to get some googly-eyes for Scotty.​
Plumbing and electrical rough in is done on the master bath. Plumbing is much cool with all of their cool hoses and compression fittings.​

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Randoms:

We seem to have caught your Iowa drought disease. Was hoping for da rain last night or today. Nope.​
******* blue jays. Noisy annoying *****.​
Should we start a Go Fund Me to get @NWICY a new confuser? Update, he's not dead but his computer is, again.​
I think I need to get some googly-eyes for Scotty.​
Plumbing and electrical rough in is done on the master bath. Plumbing is much cool with all of their cool hoses and compression fittings.​

We are now somewhat in the same boat, construction wise. Concrete guys just showed up to start the trenching and dirt work for the extra garage we are putting on. I still will be parking outside.

Texted with NW the other day, forgot to ask about his computer. Can get a chromebook on the cheap, or whatever they use in school. If I knew which ones was the schools and which was ours, I would check to see if we had any that still worked to give him. School sells old ones for 20-50 bucks. Used to buy them instead video players, cheaper and more versatile.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is anybody FB, twitter, instagram, tik tok, or tinder, etc friends with @GTO? He has been even more quiet than normal. Would run into in the ISR threads or others, but now he is very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.