Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We had some rain at some point this morning. Last I heard we were down about 7.5" on the year. We've gotten some rain in the last week but nothing close to what we need.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We had some rain at some point this morning. Last I heard we were down about 7.5" on the year. We've gotten some rain in the last week but nothing close to what we need.

Just looked and we are about an 1" off of normal but 6" less than last year which was record wet. After two wet years in a row this more more normal summer dry seems less normal.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My cicada killer wasps have pretty much moved on. I'll still see a few but nothing like a few weeks ago.
Aren’t the eggs and paralyzed large insects still in the holes, though?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lotto thunder rumblin' but not much rain the last couple of hours. Getting more rumble than action as cells keep sliding north or south of me. Some noisy hail hammered on the flat roof, kinda surprised it was only pea sized.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The cicada killers winter over underground (with the young 'uns) until cicada time - usually July or August. Then they emerge.

I had one burrow in my yard, but I haven't seen any males buzzing around for a few days now.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Storms stopped skirting me. Noisy noisy night of thunder but got an 1" o'rain which was good.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Brag, brag, brag. :(

Carefully what you wish for. Seems the worst did just buzz around me.

Hail as big as baseballs fell in Loretto as storms pushed into Hennepin County around 1 a.m., Hewett said. Other reports included hail 2 inches in diameter in Buffalo and 1 inch in Robbinsdale and Prior Lake, the weather service said.​
Earlier on Sunday, a line of storms dropped golf ball-sized in Chaska and Chanhassen and quarter-sized hail stones in Bloomington, according to the Weather Service. - Star Tribune​

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We had been planning to replace the carpet in the living room and stairs but LilMissWx has made sure it will happen. A couple of weeks ago she got some bug spray and sprayed a bunch in one perfect little circle spot on the floor. Saturday she got a hold of some nail polish and painted some of her toes and foot with it while also sitting on the stairs and getting some of those as well. Both will probably come out with the carpet cleaner but it needs to be replaced anyway.

We will be using the carpet cleaner on her room after she found LittleWx's school supplies yesterday and squeezed a bunch of elmers glue out over herself and her floor.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We had been planning to replace the carpet in the living room and stairs but LilMissWx has made sure it will happen. A couple of weeks ago she got some bug spray and sprayed a bunch in one perfect little circle spot on the floor. Saturday she got a hold of some nail polish and painted some of her toes and foot with it while also sitting on the stairs and getting some of those as well. Both will probably come out with the carpet cleaner but it needs to be replaced anyway.

We will be using the carpet cleaner on her room after she found LittleWx's school supplies yesterday and squeezed a bunch of elmers glue out over herself and her floor.

My mother never forgave Little Boxster for spilling a bottle of green ink on her first ever wall-to-wall carpeting. Major emotional trauma time in the household. I remember thinking that my dad still loves me, right? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron