Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe they are. That's why I am waiting for the investigation to play out. It shouldn't be that hard to understand that.
Why is the investigation not talking with the former players? It's been two weeks, the investigation is suppose to take around 4, and halfway through they haven't spoken to one former player.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Well I guess Iowa fans just accuse every player who comes after Ferentz of a drug problem. What a very not racist at all thing to do... View attachment 73187
Robert T Green is with Sharonda Phelps.
11 mins ·
#SportsIsNotAGame #SportsIsAllBusiness

Why we wouldn't send your #AfricanAmerican sons to play for #Iowa #Football for #BrianFerentz and #KirkFerentz

Statement from former #IowaHawkeye Mr. Maurice Fleming

During my tenure at The University of Iowa the following incidents occurred; during freshmen year, I can recall having my dreadlocks wasn’t “the Iowa Way”. Coach Doyle would go out of his way to antagonize me for having dreadlocks, which made me feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome. During the recruiting stages, there wasn’t an issue with my hair as far as I knew and I felt accepted. It wasn’t until I signed my letter of intent things started to unfold. Eventually I got tired of hearing the comments about my hair and sadly I had my dreadlocks removed. Strangely enough, Coach Doyle commented saying, “Reese if I had a daughter, I’d let you date her.

Now it looks like you’re ready to play some football!” I’m assuming he was now pleased with my appearance. On a second occasion I had to confront coach Doyle in the presence of my teammates and other strength coaches when he used the N- word. A teammate and I were next to each other while competing during sprint workouts. We were racing 10 yards and my teammate grabbed my arm to slow me down and I became agitated and Coach Raimond confronted me saying “what are you mad at Fleming, you clearly lost?” I replied,” this N-word grabbed my arm”. Coach Doyle response was, “this N-word, this N-word”. Mimicking with a smirk. After I heard that response we exchanged words and a few of my teammates held me back and told me to relax and calm down because Coach Doyle was to powerful and would get me removed from the program.

At The University of Iowa Coach Doyle thought it would be smart to initiate a Draft Day. Draft Day is where the entire team and coaching staff pick captains by the majority of votes(Similar to the NFL draft). During Draft Day captains receive sheets of papers with listings of players GPA’s, body weight, attendance of class, weight lifting goals etc. it was based upon a point system and teams would receive more points for academic ability and body weight, rather than their physical ability. Which ever team would win during offseason training would get a prize and special privileges. In a sense it felt like an experiment and somewhat dictated on who the coaches could trust to put on the field when the season would start.

All in all race played a huge role. Majority of white players were drafted in the early rounds and blacks were drafted after. As a Black player it affected my mental health because it pressured me to be perfect in every category to be accepted by the coaching staff and my teammates. I was physically and mentally exhausted. Once during conditioning I told the coaches something was wrong and I didn't feel right. They told me to keep pushing. I did then I fainted which required medical attention caused by high blood pressure and dehydration. The issue behind me fainting was that I was expected to meet my body weight goals to for my teammates and not get bad mouthed by my coaches for points.

Over my four years at Iowa I attempted to transfer 3 times. But everytime I did Kirk Ferentz would give me hell about it,. He would do things to manipulate the situation by not assisting in directing me to the people needed to facilitate my request. He'd tell me to go sleep on it for 24 hours and then act like I never asked, or call my mom and tell her to tell me to stay. My first request came in my freshman year as I spoke with Iowa and Kirk Ferentz specifically about the position I wanted to play and if that would be the case at Iowa. I was told yes 100%. After I signed my letter of intent and the day I stepped foot on campus. They told me I was going to be a WR. It was clear on how things would be with the treatment of my culture, hair, and my Black teammates. The amount of lies that were told to my face by Kirk Ferentz before and as soon as I arrived,. I knew this wasn't the place for me. My mom didn't know what was going on with me at Iowa until after I finally got to leave.

On my final and first successful attempt to transfer, upon Coach Ferentz revealed who he truly is. During our final meeting he expressed that “I need him in life and I’ll never be anything without him, and that I was truly making a huge mistake.” After hearing those words it further confirmed my reasoning for leaving and taking my goals to West Virginia University where I had the opportunity to start and thrive. They gave me the opportunity to continue my football career. It is unfortunate that the color of my skin forced me to assimilate to the Iowa way yet and still it was not good enough for them. Over the years I’ve developed PTSD from the incidents that took place under Coach Ferentz & Coach Doyle’s leadership.

Sincerely
Maurice Fleming
Any chances for a graceful end to Ferentz's tenure are quickly slipping away.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Any chances for a graceful end to Ferentz's tenure are quickly slipping away.
Yeah this one is very bad. It's also coming from another former NFL player, so Iowa fans are going to have a very hard time trying to come up with a way for this story to be fake or prove there's a personal vendetta this kid had.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Why is the investigation not talking with the former players? It's been two weeks, the investigation is suppose to take around 4, and halfway through they haven't spoken to one former player.
Kirk said he was only listening to people he respects. Kirk doesn't respect them? Or just the ones that have stories to tell he doesn't respect?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yeah this one is very bad. It's also coming from another former NFL player, so Iowa fans are going to have a very hard time trying to come up with a way for this story to be fake or prove there's a personal vendetta this kid had.
Maurice Flemming didn't play in the league. Plays in Canada.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kirk said he was only listening to people he respects. Kirk doesn't respect them? Or just the ones that have stories to tell he doesn't respect?
Yeah but the review / investigation is the one who is supposed to be running the show and working independently, however it seems as though they're doing whatever Kirk and Barta want. Which sort of makes sense considering they're slimy habitual liars / manipulators and they're the ones who hired the firm to give themselves a review. It's not like the NCAA is conducting this thing.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maurice Flemming didn't play in the league. Plays in Canada.
He got picked up by the Bucs as an un-drafted FA in 2017, however got hurt during a preseason game and got released. He then signed a contract later with the Bucs, to be released again in 2018.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I see the biggest discussions on this topic is our rival's forum, that shows how little their fans care.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Giving a firm hundreds of thousands of dollars is NOT an independent investigation.

Does anyone really expect them to come back with anything when they are getting paid that well?

Sounds like they aren’t even questioning the former players that have come forward so far?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

You guys are sure putting all your eggs into the Robert T Green basket. I haven't seen a timeline of 4 weeks from anyone so if you have I would be interested in seeing that.

If you don't think the investigation will be talking with former players then I don't know what to tell you at this point.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You guys are sure putting all your eggs into the Robert T Green basket. I haven't seen a timeline of 4 weeks from anyone so if you have I would be interested in seeing that.

If you don't think the investigation will be talking with former players then I don't know what to tell you at this point.

Reactions: BigCyFan

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Giving a firm hundreds of thousands of dollars is NOT an independent investigation.

Does anyone really expect them to come back with anything when they are getting paid that well?

Sounds like they aren’t even questioning the former players that have come forward so far?

So the law firm should be doing the work pro bono?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron