Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I could see them doing that. They are really good at doing PR campaigns with as little effort as possible, then patting themselves on the back for it. All this while possibly making s profit on it and doing very little for the actual cause. ANF.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Wasn't there a contentious issue where posters over there were wondering why Rob wasn't asking Fran tough questions? I thought it got testy even from Rob's end. Maybe he ended up asking Fran the question? I dont go there so maybe someone can enlighten me.

The issues actually date back to Rob, KF and DJK believe it or not. At least that is how I remember it.

It was during an in-season press conference during the 2011 season so almost a full year since DJK last played for Iowa. My details are a little fuzzy but Howe started asking about DJK and his lack of playing time or always being in the doghouse while at Iowa and KF didnt want to hear any of it.

It was a really weird spot to bring it all up.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Saw a few Hawkeye fans tweeting at recruits telling them to come to Iowa because they are:

1. Starting a movement for equality
2. Revolutionizing college football
3. Will be the most united football team in America

You really can't make this sh** up.

Reactions: mj4cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The issues actually date back to Rob, KF and DJK believe it or not. At least that is how I remember it.

It was during an in-season press conference during the 2011 season so almost a full year since DJK last played for Iowa. My details are a little fuzzy but Howe started asking about DJK and his lack of playing time or always being in the doghouse while at Iowa and KF didnt want to hear any of it.

It was a really weird spot to bring it all up.
It sounds like he was asking a question as to why one of the greatest WR's in Iowa history lacked playing time and was always in the dog house and KF never talked about it publicly?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

Silly Hok.

Just because you put a little sticker on your hat doesn't hide that you aren't racist.
It's ridiculous how much the fans pat themselves and the team on the back for ANYTHING they do. Kirk came out a few years ago and said, "We aren't changing a thing" and they loved him for it even though that offense is dated. He could come out and say "I've been embezzling money from the department, but I won't any more." Not only would they love him for changing, most hoks would say he deserved that cash.

Delusion at its most pronounced.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Skip Bayless might be annoying, but heard Skip and Shannon may be speaking about Iowa Football, Chris Doyle, and Kirk Ferentz this morning.

Reactions: ILikeCy

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Skip Bayless might be annoying, but heard Skip and Shannon may be speaking about Iowa Football, Chris Doyle, and Kirk Ferentz this morning.
quote-never-let-a-good-crisis-go-to-waste-winston-churchill-50-36-75.jpg

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Saw a few Hawkeye fans tweeting at recruits telling them to come to Iowa because they are:

1. Starting a movement for equality
2. Revolutionizing college football
3. Will be the most united football team in America

You really can't make this sh** up.
Spin, be loud, and take control of the narrative. It's incredibly disgusting the efforts the school (covertly) and the fans (overtly) are trying to get this whole thing into the wood chipper as quickly as possible. Trying to create a smoke screen of how they're all of a sudden the forefront leaders in racial equality. The whole thing is gross.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
It sounds like he was asking a question as to why one of the greatest WR's in Iowa history lacked playing time and was always in the dog house and KF never talked about it publicly?

I dont remember the exact context or the questions asked but KF had met with the media several times between the time DJK finished was kicked off the team to the middle of the next season when Howe brought it up during a random Tuesday presser.

The timing was weird.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I dont remember the exact context or the questions asked but KF had met with the media several times between the time DJK finished was kicked off the team to the middle of the next season when Howe brought it up during a random Tuesday presser.

The timing was weird.
Maybe DJK had spoken up about what had happened and Rob was trying to find out both sides of the story but was shot down?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
FYI....been compiling Gary Barta blunders/PR nightmares (whatever you want to call it) from multiple websites and holy crap there is more than I even knew about. Working on a timeline.....stay tuned.

Please make this a separate thread, maybe a poll where people can rank his blunders. Gods, what a legacy for that guy.

Also, can we start using "Barta" as a verb for incomprehensible and comically bad management decisions?
e.g. "the Vikings really Barta'd that trade for Herschel Walker"

Status
Not open for further replies.