Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Unfortunately there were so many that complained at our president when he did put travel bans to and from other countries.

who complained about it?

People complained when he misspoke in a freaking Oval Office address. People said banning travel from China would not prevent covid.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
who complained about it?

People complained when he misspoke in a freaking Oval Office address. People said banning travel from China would not prevent covid.

And in fact it wasn't a ban, it was a restriction! Lots of people came from China after his 'ban"
The only reason a ban would be of any use at all is because there was absolutely zero preparedness for Covid and there was an arrogantly misplaced belief that it wouldn't be a big deal so no need to be proactive.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Unfortunately there were so many that complained at our president when he did put travel bans to and from other countries.

Were people getting actively tested and monitored that were still coming from those banned places? Like, actually tested and monitored? Factually?

Can a broken test exist for something 4 years before it exists?

Reactions: Halincandenza

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
With the likelyhood of having a vaccine by the end of the year being low coupled with Fauci saying that we will have another hit come fall; we will basically have things shuttered until about this time next year if we wait until it is no longer a threat. It is a balancing act. If we keep this up for another year, several of the businesses that Iowa and the midwest rely on, like Ag and service industries, will be severely crippled. The livestock industry was just getting rolling again, dairy farms were struggling going into this and are hurting even more now, grain farms were being held together on yields and the MFP. I would see another 80s farm crisis as a possibility. I'm not saying we throw the doors open, but just saying that things have to start rolling a little here and there to see if things can happen.

I wonder if the Hawks have enough room on their helmet for another farm crisis sticker

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I agree! Wish everyone could get tested this week.

Head over to test Iowa at Wells Fargo Arena. I went by it again today and again no one there getting tested. Seems like a waste of resources having those people sit there with no one to test.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Head over to test Iowa at Wells Fargo Arena. I went by it again today and again no one there getting tested. Seems like a waste of resources having those people sit there with no one to test.

Unless they've changed the program, those are volunteers. The state was seeking volunteer medical professionals when new test sites opened up a couple weeks ago.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Do people need symptoms to get tested?

If so, they should change that. If not, people should be lining up.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Unless they've changed the program, those are volunteers. The state was seeking volunteer medical professionals when new test sites opened up a couple weeks ago.

Still it's a waste of resources. I've been back and forth by it the last couple days and everytime I went by nothing. Send the volunteers where they are needed.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Well the volunteers are wasting their time if no one is getting tested down there

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Still it's a waste of resources. I've been back and forth by it the last couple days and everytime I went by nothing. Send the volunteers where they are needed.

No arguments here. Just sharing what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.