WR Brody Brecht: ISU vs Iowa

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Would have loved to have him but the fact he is going to Iowa for football AND baseball speaks volumes that it was important for him to do both. We all know the baseball part isn't happening at ISU.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Roho running to post about Brechts commitment on CF. You know he was ecstatic to be first.

giphy.gif

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Some idiots in this thread owe you an apology. Spot on.
It’s not that he was right that was the issue. It’s that he’s an *** about it.

Wide receiver and Iowa. Hope he is good at baseball
Iowa makes the least out of the most on offense, but with the seniors who graduate, he’ll have tons of playing time available outside, and little to no competition.

That wouldn’t have been the case here. Maybe he’ll get lucky and Petras will be a better passer than they’ve had for a while.

Reactions: 4 cyclones

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009
What are the odds that this kid never plays a snap of football? I mean how good is he at baseball? Is he good enough to get drafted?

lets-talk

Jun 13, 2018
Seems like Iowa resonates well with Brecht types more so than with minority receivers. I don’t mean that in a bad way. Campbell will find another Butler clone, WR has never been the position that isu has lacked.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
What are the odds that this kid never plays a snap of football? I mean how good is he at baseball? Is he good enough to get drafted?
Don't know, but the last 2 dual sport Football/Baseball athletes that I can think of both played in the Big XII and chose football. Both Patrick Mahomes and Kyler Murray gave up guaranteed MLB money to play football. I can't think of a single Iowa player currently in professional baseball.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I hate to say it, but we are getting our ass kicked in instate recruiting right now. Some will say that the 25th best player in what ever state is better than this kid, so it will even out in the end. But I am not so sure.
If you cannot control instate recruiting it leads to trouble down the road, and right now we are getting ambushed in the 2021 class.
Go ahead and dislike this comment, but I am not sure how anyone can look at the current instate class and say any differently.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IA

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Might be an unpopular opinion but I don't give a **** about prioritizing instate kids. I just want the best players available. Iowa has very few power conference players.

Reactions: heitclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron