Responding to Iowa fan's comments on the DM Reg

Lloyd88

Jun 5, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa
I usually laugh at these kinds of lowbrow comments, but it's a good opportunity to lift ISU fans up and come together.

Here's what this guy posted on the DM Reg

"Just in case any of you Cyclone fans have forgot ISU s**ks, I mean they stink. No other way to say it and no matter how hard you try you are bound to s**k year after year. Say all you want baby but Cy is dead and gone. How pathetic it must be to support this football program year after year from the depth of your bones baby. ****** LOL*******"

First of all, I'm sure most Iowa fans would slap this guy down. We may have a rivalry, but this guy seems rotten to the core.

I don't care if ISU goes 0-12 the next ten years, I'm just glad I'm a Cyclone.

ISU fans stand for character, determination, sportsmanship and pride. This guy stands for loud mouth ignorance. He gets his own sense of self worth through sports because he's a losers in his own life and props himself up by putting down others.

To ISU fans, It's about the school, the people, and the institution. Yes, we want to win, but win or lose we'll do it with pride and integrity. ...something this guy doesn't get.
I'm proud that ISU has had very few student athletes arrested or in trouble the last two years. Something other schools can't say.

Call me corny, but this guy reminds me of the Grinch that stole Christmas. The Grinch doesn't know why the Whos are still celebrating Christmas when all the presents (ie.. football wins) are not there! He'll never will get it. This school means more than just wins, that's why we keep showing up and supporting our team. The wins will come my friends and this guy will eat crow... (I mean Hawk)

Thanks for being ISU fans "to the bone" the greatest true fans in all football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
This is the guy who has nothing and his entire self-worth depends on how well the in-season hawk sports team is doing.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I've been listening to sports radio all morning. Iowa beating Penn State has hardly gotten any air-time. OSU-Tt is a bigger story Alabama-LSU is a bigger story. Everyone knows the little 11 sucks, and Iowa fan is really more worried now about losing their factory job so they have to bask in something now before they realize they may not have any christmas presents to put underneath the tree. So congrats, the fact remains they mentention ISU so they know they are not elite or they'd be taking smack to a top 10 team.

But still they beat the no 3 team and thats what the records will show 10 years from now. I'm just glad that the little 11 wont be sending a joke show team to the BCS championship game.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
But still they beat the no 3 team and thats what the records will show 10 years from now. I'm just glad that the little 11 wont be sending a joke show team to the BCS championship game.

Amen!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I've been listening to sports radio all morning. Iowa beating Penn State has hardly gotten any air-time. OSU-Tt is a bigger story Alabama-LSU is a bigger story. Everyone knows the little 11 sucks, and Iowa fan is really more worried now about losing their factory job so they have to bask in something now before they realize they may not have any christmas presents to put underneath the tree. So congrats, the fact remains they mentention ISU so they know they are not elite or they'd be taking smack to a top 10 team.

Yes.. AND it should leave OhioState out of a BCS game. whew.

-keep

Reactions: TykeClone

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
This is the guy who has nothing and his entire self-worth depends on how well the in-season hawk sports team is doing.

He is also the type of guy to throw the coaches and players under the bus if things don't go like he wants. He was probably calling for KF head three weeks ago.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
They have a nice win and then Hawk fan I know from the 80's emerges from his pizza box filled parents basment and with his fat little fingers bangs out his .02 worth on the internet.

This is exactly why I root for those black and gold hayden fry worshiping arrogant MFers to lose every game they ever play.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
They have a nice win and then Hawk fan I know from the 80's emerges from his pizza box filled parents basment and with his fat little fingers bangs out his .02 worth on the internet.

This is exactly why I root for those black and gold hayden fry worshiping arrogant MFers to lose every game they ever play.

What he said:notworthy:

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
"Just in case any of you Cyclone fans have forgot ISU s**ks, I mean they stink. No other way to say it and no matter how hard you try you are bound to s**k year after year. Say all you want baby but Cy is dead and gone. How pathetic it must be to support this football program year after year from the depth of your bones baby. ****** LOL*******"
So to paraphrase...I luv Natty Lite!! Woohoo!! I'm goin' drive my '78 Ford back to my trailer and drink a couple of more beers 'cuz my team, even though I didn't go to college, just beat an overrated football team, with more criminals than we got. Woohoo!! Hey, wat time duz the nascar race start??

Reactions: Benny34

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
My disdain for Iowa fans developed a long time ago because of people like this guy. They make it hard not to sink to their level. I don't understand why Iowa fans feel the need to try to put us down, especially after their program is coming off a huge win, just enjoy it. I'm glad they beat Penn State. Somebody needed to keep them out of the national championship game.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
Forget about that Iowa jerk. The entire College Football Nation was rooting for the Hawks to beat Penn State. Let the Hawks think what they want, but Iowa isn't any better than ISU. I would rather play in the Best Conference in the Country than a Glorified MAC Conference.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Funny thing is, most "True" fans don't get to choose who they root for. I have many Iowa fans who put their stuff away when the team isn't doing well and bring it back out after a game such as Penn State. You know what, yeah, some times it does suck being a Cyclone fan. But, I would have it no other way. For me, what would suck more would be not having the balls to admit your a fan when your team is down. Another thing that would suck would be so focused on hating another team, you forget to enjoy your own successes when they happen.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Funny thing is, most "True" fans don't get to choose who they root for. I have many Iowa fans who put their stuff away when the team isn't doing well and bring it back out after a game such as Penn State. You know what, yeah, some times it does suck being a Cyclone fan. But, I would have it no other way. For me, what would suck more would be not having the balls to admit your a fan when your team is down. Another thing that would suck would be so focused on hating another team, you forget to enjoy your own successes when they happen.

I was out at Jordan Creek Mall yesterday. I figured I would be seeing nothing but people wearing EIU gear after their big win and few people wearing ISU paraphernalia taking into consideration the poor results on the football field this year and lack of optimism heading into basketball season. I was pleasantly surprised to see more people wearing ISU gear than EIU gear. I decided to take an unofficial poll and out of the first 20 people I saw wearing either it was ISU 14 and EIU 6. Way to represent Cyclone fans! I was proud!

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Does anybody else find it funny that the Big 10 actually puts the # 11 into their logo.

Big-10-Conference.jpg

Reactions: TykeClone

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I know we only have 2 wins so we don't have much room to talk but..........

Hasn't Iowa lost to the likes of Northwestern, Illinois, a decent Pitt team, and a decent Michigan State team? Quality wins over.....Penn State and that's it!

Grant it they will finish 8-4, but I mean come on!!! That conference is awful. Sour grapes yes, but reality as well.

I hope, I hope, I hope that the Hawks get to the Alamo bowl and play a Big 12 team!! (Mizzou or Oklahoma St.??) That would be entertaining. Possible scenario, OSU loses to OU, 2 Big 12 in BCS (OU, TTU, or UT), Mizzou in Holiday, OSU in Alamo? or will the Gator take OSU? Nebbie vs. Iowa would be fun.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Let's be thankful our FB team isn't racking up the rap sheet that they are over in Iowa City. That would make this season even more miserable than it already has been.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Forget about that Iowa jerk. The entire College Football Nation was rooting for the Hawks to beat Penn State. Let the Hawks think what they want, but Iowa isn't any better than ISU. I would rather play in the Best Conference in the Country than a Glorified MAC Conference.

I'll bet the MAC takes offense to that comment. :yes:

Actually, after the W. Michigan win over Illinois on Saturday, the MAC stands at 5-2 vs. the mighty Big 10. Ball State would be playing in the Rose Bowl if they could play in the weaker Big 10.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Let's be thankful our FB team isn't racking up the rap sheet that they are over in Iowa City. That would make this season even more miserable than it already has been.

I used to be a believer in karma. However, with the EIU wins and the lack of ISU wins it’s made me reconsider.

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa played a great game and beat the #3 team in the country.. Good for them.. Football fans across the country are relieved that we don't have to watch another horrible BCS championship game with an overrated Big11 team.