Get your stimulus check payment

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
We got our $3,400 yesterday.

$400 into the 529 plans
$1000 into my brokerage account
$1000 into my emergency savings

Planning to send the last $1000 on small business stuff like take-out meals and gift cards.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'd love to get some good data on the number of divorces this "found" money causes. I'd imagine there are some pretty strong differences of opinion...

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
If you paid electronically

I made an electronic payment from my bank account to the IRS (includes a Direct Debit Installment Agreement (DDIA)). Will my payment be direct deposited to the same account? Can I use Get My Payment to provide my bank account information?

The account information used to make an electronic payment to the IRS cannot be used as the account information for the direct deposit of your payment. If we do not have bank account information for you and your payment has not been processed yet, Get My Payment will allow you to submit your bank account information once you have properly verified your identity so that you can get your EIP via direct deposit. Otherwise, we will mail your payment to address we have on file for you.

Reactions: Clonefan32

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I don't need mine but I'm sprinkling it around to different parts of the local economy through donations and getting occasional take out.

Imo that's a good use.

Who do you have in mind for donations? I think I'm going to put much of mine locally too. DAIS was one because I see they got their United Way funding cut off and unfortunately their services are more in need now with the lockdown and people being further cut off from social networks.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If you paid electronically

I made an electronic payment from my bank account to the IRS (includes a Direct Debit Installment Agreement (DDIA)). Will my payment be direct deposited to the same account? Can I use Get My Payment to provide my bank account information?

The account information used to make an electronic payment to the IRS cannot be used as the account information for the direct deposit of your payment. If we do not have bank account information for you and your payment has not been processed yet, Get My Payment will allow you to submit your bank account information once you have properly verified your identity so that you can get your EIP via direct deposit. Otherwise, we will mail your payment to address we have on file for you.

That's what I figured but I'm glad to know that's what's going on.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I tried to find out where my check was on the IRS site. It requires me to put in so much info that I got wrong, like exactly how much my tax return was and how much I made last year, that it finally just told me I tried to many times and now I have to wait 24hours to check again. Worst website ever.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I tried to find out where my check was on the IRS site. It requires me to put in so much info that I got wrong, like exactly how much my tax return was and how much I made last year, that it finally just told me I tried to many times and now I have to wait 24hours to check again. Worst website ever.
Worst website ever because you input your info in wrong...THREE times?...chuckle.:p

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I'd love to get some good data on the number of divorces this "found" money causes. I'd imagine there are some pretty strong differences of opinion...

I always chuckle when I read about couples fighting over money. The solution is to just make so much you can buy whatever you want whenever you want, duh.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Hey that's the same message I get

What's frustrating is if you go to the IRS page they give these as the reasons you get that message:

In certain cases, the Get My Payment app will be unable to tell you the status of your payment. You may receive this message for one of the following reasons:

• If you are not eligible for a payment (see IRS.gov on who is eligible and who is not eligible)
  • If you are required to file a tax return and have not filed in tax year 2018 or 2019.
  • If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed.
  • If you are a SSA or RRB Form 1099 recipient, SSI or VA benefit recipient – the IRS is working with your agency to issue your payment; your information is not available in this app yet.
You can check the app again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there’s no need to check back more frequently.

I don't fall under any of those. In reading a bit, it looks like that's just the default error message. Who the hell knows...

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
What's frustrating is if you go to the IRS page they give these as the reasons you get that message:

In certain cases, the Get My Payment app will be unable to tell you the status of your payment. You may receive this message for one of the following reasons:

• If you are not eligible for a payment (see IRS.gov on who is eligible and who is not eligible)
  • If you are required to file a tax return and have not filed in tax year 2018 or 2019.
  • If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed.
  • If you are a SSA or RRB Form 1099 recipient, SSI or VA benefit recipient – the IRS is working with your agency to issue your payment; your information is not available in this app yet.
You can check the app again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there’s no need to check back more frequently.

I don't fall under any of those. In reading a bit, it looks like that's just the default error message. Who the hell knows...
I believe it is the default error message, which could be generated due to one of many different causes (that I don't fully understand yet).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Who do you have in mind for donations? I think I'm going to put much of mine locally too. DAIS was one because I see they got their United Way funding cut off and unfortunately their services are more in need now with the lockdown and people being further cut off from social networks.

What's DAIS?

I have a couple of friends and co workers that own or work for small businesses, and will donate or get gift cards from them.

Otherwise local hospitals, animal shelters, food banks, the DNR...they got screwed out of funding by having the parks be free and may have been able to stay open/less run over if they kept the fees. Bad move. Maybe a local dairy/farm organization? Been searching.

I actually may need to get my brakes replaced, so it's kind of 'for me' to use some of it for that, but it would at least be supporting a local mechanic.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

I think I figured out why mine isn’t showing up. I recently sent my taxes in so I think they know it’s been received but they haven’t finished it. Absolutely ******* stupid if that is the reason.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013

It certainly will cause fights. Sadly not enough people address financial priorities before they get married.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The government is giving you a $1200 handout and all they ask is for you to be able to read your tax documents. Don't get me wrong, I think our tax system is needlessly complicated but cmon, this is not that hard!

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
What I've been getting from Amazon is the message that non-essential orders that are fulfilled by Amazon will take a month or more for delivery. So we have been going directly to the supplier's website to order things. Even that might not help much as the suppliers are operating with reduced hours and staff and they warn of delivery delays.

However I ordered new cell phones from Sprint and they were delivered in one day. So delivery is very hit and miss depending on the company situation.

I think Amazon is just hedging their bets. I ordered something on 4/11 that had en ETA of 4/30 and it showed up on 4/14. So who knows.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've been buying a lot off of eBay. Sellers on eBay seem to be more concerned about shipping times as they are graded on this by eBay, and it is one of their feedback metrics as well. I haven't had to wait at all for anything I've bought off eBay the last few months.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

giphy.gif

Reactions: Macloney