Get your stimulus check payment

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
What's DAIS?

I have a couple of friends and co workers that own or work for small businesses, and will donate or get gift cards from them.

Otherwise local hospitals, animal shelters, food banks, the DNR...they got screwed out of funding by having the parks be free and may have been able to stay open/less run over if they kept the fees. Bad move. Maybe a local dairy/farm organization? Been searching.

I actually may need to get my brakes replaced, so it's kind of 'for me' to use some of it for that, but it would at least be supporting a local mechanic.

Domestic Abuse Intervention Services.

Do you have a fave Farmer's Market vendor? I know some of them will be struggling with that closed down for the foreseeable future.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If 111,500 people return those $1200 checks it will cover Donald's golf outings.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
My job and income haven't been affected so the stimulus money is nice but not a necessity for us (we save more than we spend normally). We cancelled a Vegas trip at the end of April so my thought was to tuck this away and use it later this summer for our rescheduled trip but I like all of the ideas in this thread on ways to spend this locally. Keep the ideas coming!

Reactions: CloniesForLife

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
giphy.gif

That gif is quite appropriate for him and his wife. She made quite the insta post a couple years ago along these lines. Oh and she dressed up as that Queen one time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services.

Do you have a fave Farmer's Market vendor? I know some of them will be struggling with that closed down for the foreseeable future.

I actually don't typically go to the farmer's market but was thinking about stuff like that...the DIAS will be on the list.

Also some north woods favorites but many of them don't even have online menus and were already not in great shape. Wish there were an all around 'north woods' or 'farmer's market' type of funding to pool in for dispersement, but maybe that's coming.

Nick's restaurant has a Gofundme and surpassed their goal so that was nice to see, although it took some huge individual donations.

Reactions: cowgirl836

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
My retired parents getting an error trying to check the status of theirs, expecting a check.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
What's frustrating is if you go to the IRS page they give these as the reasons you get that "eligibility undetermined" message:

Thanks for posting this. I can't find where you found it, but I think it at least explains my problem. My wife is older than I, and so she got Social Security benefits in 2018 and 2019. So that makes her one of those SSA-1099 recipients (the form they use to report how much Social Security you received for the year). That would seemingly be why the "Get My Payment" system fails to work for me.

I think they are saying that they will get our bank info from SSA, so just wait. In the meantime, the Get My Payment app or website is just going to give me that error message. Nice how they use this generic error message for everyone, even after you input enough data about yourself that they know exactly who you are and should therefore know and be able to tell you exactly why the website does not work for you.

I can only hope this is a correct interpretation. If I get defaulted to a paper check in the mail, I will be lucky to see that by July. Some "Economic Impact" payment! LOL.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Thanks for posting this. I can't find where you found it, but I think it at least explains my problem. My wife is older than I, and so she got Social Security benefits in 2018 and 2019. So that makes her one of those SSA-1099 recipients (the form they use to report how much Social Security you received for the year). That would seemingly be why the "Get My Payment" system fails to work for me.

I think they are saying that they will get our bank info from SSA, so just wait. In the meantime, the Get My Payment app or website is just going to give me that error message. Nice how they use this generic error message for everyone, even after you input enough data about yourself that they know exactly who you are and should therefore know and be able to tell you exactly why the website does not work for you.

I can only hope this is a correct interpretation. If I get defaulted to a paper check in the mail, I will be lucky to see that by July. Some "Economic Impact" payment! LOL.
Thanks for this, my parents never used dd either for risk concerns and my mom did earn income in 2018 working. Really frustrating as the money will help them.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
When I login it says my money owed doesn’t match up for 18 or 19 then I get logged off for 24 hours...WTH I’m looking right at my returns

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I got the message that they did not have info. They sure had no problem taking what I owed out of my account in March. Have provided them all the requested info so will wait to see what happens next. Not really surprised as this administration is a big "CF"( not cyclone fanatic) so nothing new.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
What I've been getting from Amazon is the message that non-essential orders that are fulfilled by Amazon will take a month or more for delivery. So we have been going directly to the supplier's website to order things. Even that might not help much as the suppliers are operating with reduced hours and staff and they warn of delivery delays.

However I ordered new cell phones from Sprint and they were delivered in one day. So delivery is very hit and miss depending on the company situation.

I've ordered some things through Amazon over the last month, but will not order with them fulfilling and shipping. So damn delayed. I will only place an order filled through a different company/supplier.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Thanks for this, my parents never used dd either for risk concerns and my mom did earn income in 2018 working. Really frustrating as the money will help them.

Just FYI, on Fox News today they spoke with the IRS and said if you get your Social Security via Direct Deposit, you should get your Economic Impact Payment in the next 5 business days. If you are not on DD, then you will be mailed a check but it will be 2 to 3 weeks before you get it.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
My local bank was bought up by another bank in the last year. My account number was transferred to the new bank, but they changed the routing number. I filed my 2019 taxes with my new bank information this year, but the IRS still sent it to the old routing number.

Called the bank and they are working with the other company that owns all of the old routing numbers. Sounds like I should see the funds in my account tonight/tomorrow morning, but I was warned I may have to call the IRS if its not in there by the weekend.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
So I put in my direct deposit information on Wednesday, and now my status says they decided to mail it by check on April 24th. Wtf!?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So I put in my direct deposit information on Wednesday, and now my status says they decided to mail it by check on April 24th. Wtf!?
Huh, I did the same on Wednesday and it still says they will update my status with a date but it will be direct deposited to my account with the last 4 digits of my account number.

At least they are saying they are going to mail it on the 24th. That's not long of a wait. The schedule I saw made it seem like it could be months before you could expect a check in the mail.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Huh, I did the same on Wednesday and it still says they will update my status with a date but it will be direct deposited to my account with the last 4 digits of my account number.

At least they are saying they are going to mail it on the 24th. That's not long of a wait. The schedule I saw made it seem like it could be months before you could expect a check in the mail.
I had that message for a few days. I just wonder why they decided to mail it instead of direct deposit it for me. I gave all the correct bank info

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
I am the only one still getting the "Payment Status Not Available" error? I haven't filed for 2019 yet but other than that I don't have anything unusual.

Reactions: twojman

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I am the only one still getting the "Payment Status Not Available" error? I haven't filed for 2019 yet but other than that I don't have anything unusual.
I am still getting it. Same with my parents.
I filed my 2019 taxes the first week of April.
We’ve both kind of given up and when it gets here, it gets here.