Get your stimulus check payment

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Will be spending it mostly on breweries and restaurants that I want to be open after all this. Will donate a chunk to a food bank or something too

Reactions: isutrevman

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This is going to be an unpopular opinion:

You shouldn't take the stimulus if you don't need it. That applies for businesses too.

The stimulus has 2 purposes though. The first and most immediate need, to help those dealing with the crisis, lost income, etc. Helping people feel more financially secure also probably helps people cope with the isolation. It also has a second purpose: injecting money into the economy.

If you feel secure in your finances and havent been that affected by this, and you feel like you don't 'deserve' the money, the best thing you could do would be to make sure that the money is used for the second goal. Use it to help the economy and spend it. Buy cards to help keep small businesses afloat while theyre closed. Once things open, spend some of that at higher levels than before the crisis.

Reactions: isutrevman

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I guess you don't need stimulus money to purchase a high horse.

It's not even a high horse, it's just stupid. Not taking the money and leaving it with the government isn't going to get more of it to people who need it more.

The suggestions from people here on how to distribute your money, if you feel you don't need it, are really great, so people should follow those suggestions if they're in that scenario.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Huh, I didn't know that. I can't imagine the government can actually force you to take it, tough. I mean, how does that work? Do they have a direct line to everyone's bank account to directly deposit it? Never thought I'd see the day where a government would force you to take money. Guess I'll find a way to donate it somewhere.

Well, there was magically $2,900 in our account this morning so that's pretty much forcing us to take it.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Are these being reconciled on 2020 taxes? I claim my oldest every other year and 2019 was that year. Will I owe back the 500 for him when filing 2020 taxes?

All this is dependent on if they use my 2019 that I filed on Sunday. It’s 1000 dollar swing 2018 vs 2019 because we also had a second kid in 2019.

Im in the camp where they can’t tell me my status. Owed in 2018 and 2019 as well.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Was anyone else's rounded to the quarter? Glad they're being precise...

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Just realized I did not do direct deposit last year
tenor.gif

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
For those of you who don't need the stimulus money: Help support Cyclone Fanatic by becoming a patron or by becoming a premium member of the forum.

Also, how about performing Random Acts of Kindness.

Reactions: wxman1

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Was anyone else's rounded to the quarter? Glad they're being precise...

Actually, thinking about this again, that means someone somewhere probably is getting a deposit or check for 25¢. That would be hilarious.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Anybody else's make a high pitched whistling noise as the check was deposited and then immediately spent by their wife? Apparently she'd been sitting with almost $1300 worth of stuff in her Amazon cart waiting for it to arrive. I guess that's kind of local since we're 60 miles north of Seattle??? Our stimulus was $4400 since we have 4 kids, and over half of that is going to replenish savings after some unexpected medical expenses the last couple months.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Anybody else's make a high pitched whistling noise as the check was deposited and then immediately spent by their wife? Apparently she'd been sitting with almost $1300 worth of stuff in her Amazon cart waiting for it to arrive. I guess that's kind of local since we're 60 miles north of Seattle??? Our stimulus was $4400 since we have 4 kids, and over half of that is going to replenish savings after some unexpected medical expenses the last couple months.
Peloton here. It is a nice machine though i won’t use it as much as she will.

Reactions: aauummm

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
What I've been getting from Amazon is the message that non-essential orders that are fulfilled by Amazon will take a month or more for delivery. So we have been going directly to the supplier's website to order things. Even that might not help much as the suppliers are operating with reduced hours and staff and they warn of delivery delays.

However I ordered new cell phones from Sprint and they were delivered in one day. So delivery is very hit and miss depending on the company situation.

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Morally I feel that the stimulus money is to be Spent-
This tightwad really wants to put it in Savings for a rainy day......but....

Church probably get some, food bank get some, order out to local Restaurant tomorrow night.
Might give $100 each to the kids to spend (strongly encouraging, for them to give part of it to church/foodbank/etc).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron