Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Didnt think of that. Yeah I agree with CF, starting to eat our own on here. Cave is bleeding into everything.
In all fairness, it's really tough to talk about the virus and its spread without talking about how to manage it and/or how it is being managed. I'm basically trying not to post in those now...but the amount of mis-information is staggering. What I DO see is a swing toward caution now. Last week, there was a LOT of YOLO sentiment. Today, 3x as many people will NOT let their kids play with other kids as those who will. I think reality is beginning to sink in.

I'm also getting really worried about @jcyclonee .

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Sister's neighbor is flying back today from Cancun airport. Was at the resort I was at a three weeks back. Going to be a busy travel day in CUN with Saturday-Saturday stays being big. The concourse there is WAY crowded on busy days. Won't want to be hanging out there in that big of a crowd. The Delta flight I was on is still flying today. Restaurants there are closing tomorrow.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
In all fairness, it's really tough to talk about the virus and its spread without talking about how to manage it and/or how it is being managed. I'm basically trying not to post in those now...but the amount of mis-information is staggering. What I DO see is a swing toward caution now. Last week, there was a LOT of YOLO sentiment. Today, 3x as many people will NOT let their kids play with other kids as those who will. I think reality is beginning to sink in.

Understand. I guess my past experiences as an EMT and some cases of way more contagious type diseases may be why I’m not as freaked out. I am not a handshake type person. I wash my hands more often than most. I am not a close talker or hugger. When you have to load upon PPEs and still have to strip and shower in an ER bay, understand that there are some freaky things out there.

Looks like JC is getting an extra two weeks off

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Part time boss’ wife got laid off. Guess the thought of getting paid for that Labor Day work just got destroyed.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Understand. I guess my past experiences as an EMT and some cases of way more contagious type diseases may be why I’m not as freaked out. I am not a handshake type person. I wash my hands more often than most. I am not a close talker or hugger. When you have to load upon PPEs and still have to strip and shower in an ER bay, understand that there are some freaky things out there.

Looks like JC is getting an extra two weeks off
Yeah...one of the things that is toughest for me is that I AM a hugger. I don't like shaking hands because people squeeze my arthritic thumbs too tightly and it hurts. And I grew up in a VERY affectionate family...so I hug. Lew is the same way. It may sound silly, but right now I'm missing Sunday lunches and Friday Night Flicks and game nights with our friends, and hugging them when we get together and when we part. We have a private facebook group in which we have been staying very connected virtually, but it's just not the same.
I didn't mind staying home after retiring...I went out to the store or to see friends when I felt like it, stayed home when I didn't feel like going out. It's somehow different when we feel that we HAVE to stay home. :(

My ex was a microbiologist...I have some experience with contagion (albeit vicariously) and bio-containment, so I hear ya on the not freaking out part...EXCEPT: there are still way too many people that are NOT taking this seriously. That's what disturbs me the most.

Reactions: BCClone

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I go to Menards all the time because it's closer than the nearest Home Depot and Lowe's. The 11% thing is a gimmick. You don't save anything because you can only spend what you 'save' at Menards. Plus you have to subtract the cost of a stamp. It's pretty much only useful if you do all your shopping at Menards. They should have a points/rewards program instead.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We were talking about Menards earlier............did you see this?
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/menards-accused-price-gouging-masks-122701304.html
Not a surprise to me at all.

Yeah, posted that the other day in the Covid-19 general thread.

I kind of quit going to menards over their whole 11% rebate being in store credit thing. Just seemed scummy to me.

Menards is totes scummy. I use it for convenience sometimes, it's only about three miles from my house but I hate myself when I do.

Needed some 2x4's for basement work. Menards has the big open yard so thought it was better than going indoors at Home Depot. Ordered/paid on line yesterday and drove in to pick-out/pick-up myself. #social distancing Surprisingly enough the 8-footers were not total crap. Lucked out.

Reactions: CloneLawman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just read that you should take Tylenol and not ibuprofen. I understood the alcohol thing, but this one I don’t know enough about.

Ya know I had a headache/fever last week and ibu didn't do much.

Alka Seltzer did the best at giving me some rest and masking the 'ache', and my fever broke after taking it. Took it three nights in a row, and each night even without feeling a fever, I woke up in that 'broken fever' sweat.

BTW even thought it's pretty gross, the 'breaking fever' sweat out is a pretty awesome feeling.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Just read that you should take Tylenol and not ibuprofen. I understood the alcohol thing, but this one I don’t know enough about.
I think it has something to do with the fact that Ibu leans toward the anti-inflammatory aspect of pain reduction (hence why us arthritis sufferers tend to prefer it). That ban seems to be still in question to a certain extent.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think it has something to do with the fact that Ibu leans toward the anti-inflammatory aspect of pain reduction (hence why us arthritis sufferers tend to prefer it). That ban seems to be still in question to a certain extent.

Besser had a different angle on the alcohol and weed part in a different thread.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Non-COVID-19 post: I bought an ORBI router and satellite via Amazon this week on SIL’s recommendation. They have one and works great. It actually was delivered a day earlier than the order indicated. We’ve now been trying for hours today to get it set up. The two connect, the new network just isn’t showing on my phone. So I’ve been using data to get a WiFi thing in place. Finally did a chat, first in queue, wait a couple minutes for this reply:

Customer Service
We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.