What Will You Spend Your $1,000 Stimulus On?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This has been quite an interesting situation. My wife and I don't own any "fancy" furniture, but our old couch had tons of holes, so we decided to purchase a really nice couch for our anniversary. Now, there is no telling WHEN we will get it. That said, compared to what is going on in the world (sickness, economic woes, uncertainty), a nice couch means absolutely nothing!
You can burn it if you need heat.

• Funny
Reactions: kentkel

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Here's the problem - government creating winners and losers is partly why people get so pissed at it.

That's the one thing #yanggang got right - if everybody is getting it, nobody has room to complain.

Definitely easier to just give it to everyone. But people who make good money don't need the money during crisis times. To me, giving to everyone hurts everyone in the lower income brackets by causing inflation and unnecessary debt to the treasury balance sheet

I really like Cuban's proposals:
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/03/...s-workers-through-the-coronavirus-crisis.html

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: alarson

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The cutoff should be based on whether you're in a financial situation where you could have realistically had 3-6 months reserve saved away. I'm not sure where that is, but I'm sure it's different throughout the country. So you probably have to go high to make sure you take care of enough people. But maybe phasing it out would be easier to stomach than a solid yes or no line.

Reactions: Halincandenza

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Most recent proposal is 75K individual, 150K for a couple.
$1200 per person
$500 for each dependent.

Family of four would get $3400 under the current proposal.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Just give me my magic money already.

giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron