*** Official IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Did you expect anything less of a Hollywood Higgins crew?

I have no idea why Higgins gets as much respect as he does from the CBB media. Guy is very overrated as an official.

Well...crap. Really tough to see that kind of loss, but typical for the kind of season it's been. They left it all out on the court though. That's all we can ask for.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Maybe they shouldn't be worrying about social media and instead be working on their strength training, attitudes, and fundamentals.

Can you ever possibly admit that maybe this team and program have some really serious issues? That they come across as unlikeable, aren't that much fun to watch, and it starts at the top?

Then why the **** watch?

Seriously, if you can’t like a guy like tyrese or solo or mike or the freshmen, and root for them to succeed, then it’s you that’s the *******.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
One thing I'll never understand are the ******** that reply to official Iowa State facebook posts or tweets with negative ****. Like do you think the poor communication people running that account should have to see that? Do you think that telling them actually solves anything.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
For the first time since he's been at Iowa State, I was impressed with how Steve handled the end-game strategy. I don't think I remember him ever calling a timeout to draw up a play, typically just lets them run the clock and see what they can do. Good play, and it worked, but the execution afterwards was not there.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Seeing a lot of ref blaming, which is fair because they sucked, but it bothers me more that we had one guy posing and 4 others too incompetent on defense to stop one guy from going coast to coast to win the game on an easy lay up. It bothers me even more that this exact thing happened last year at home against Kansas State and we apparently learned nothing from that. In general, I'm mad that I'm mad again over a team I gave up on in December. Just get Steve the hell out of here already. This isn't getting better soon

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Let's be honest, that was the perfect way to end the year. Total summation of this year's failures.

Perhaps fitting for this crappy year, but for a Cyclone fan, it was far from a perfect ending.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Seeing a lot of ref blaming, which is fair because they sucked, but it bothers me more that we had one guy posing and 4 others too incompetent on defense to stop one guy from going coast to coast to win the game on an easy lay up. It bothers me even more that this exact thing happened last year at home against Kansas State and we apparently learned nothing from that. In general, I'm mad that I'm mad again over a team I gave up on in December. Just get Steve the hell out of here already. This isn't getting better soon

NewsFlash...Coach Steve Prohm will be here for another two years...regardless of what he does or how the team performs.....

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Well we were without our 2 best players and we've been a bad team all season. No reason to be surprised. The surprise was probably that we were up 9.

Compared to last year's championship team, we were without Lard, THT, NWB, LW, Shayock, and Haliburton. Also without our remaining high scorer (Bolton) and one on a gimpy ankle (Nixon). So yes, no reason to be surprised.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and cygrads

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Sucks that we lost, but we had glimpses of what several of these guys can do. Looking forward to seeing how much Solo, Grill, TJack, Bolton and the IV can improve. Go get a transfer PG that can shoot, and hopefully the frosh can really contribute. Add in a new defensive assistant and things are looking up.