The Insider Information Weekly Mailbag - Questions Submission

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This can be for next week:
1) What's your over/under on how many name-changes @Gunnerclone 's "dear so&so" thread will undergo before it dies a natural death or is closed by mods?
2) What was the original name of the thread?

Reactions: GTO

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So.......It's Wednesday......................

3qdvmk.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
After giving blood, how long should I be concerned about a numbnut getting a transfusion of mine and then accidentally bleeding when doing illegal activities and leaving my DNA there?

• Winner
  • Creative
Reactions: SCyclone and Angie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When will the large number of spring birds start to appear in the upper midwest, and what order?

Sandhill cranes
Robins
Loons
Pelicans
Bluebirds
Cedar Waxwing

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
When will the large number of spring birds start to appear in the upper midwest, and what order?

Sandhill cranes
Robins
Loons
Pelicans
Bluebirds
Cedar Waxwing
Robins, they're already returning to the midwest. Cranes, Loons and Pelicans will probably arrive mid-March as the waterways lose ice. Cedar Waxwings winter over, so they don't return to anything. Bluebirds probably arrive late April when insect populations boom.

In order:
1. Robins
2. Sandhill Cranes, Loons, and Pelicans via the Central and Mississippi Flyways.
3. Bluebirds

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You know with climate change happening, its gotta be affecting migratory patterns in a major way.

Possibly but I think they go by the sun's position.

That said there's been years when I've seen cranes still sticking around into January and the last couple of years I've seen a blue heron in the winter...it was on a trout stream where there's open water so perhaps that had been the case all along.