*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #3 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Did Shaka get fired?

He will be.....there is a rule in conference football and basketball, lose to Iowa State and you gonna be gone. Hell, I think we only beat Nebraska in football 3 times in 20 years or some such, and we got Solich, Callahan, and Bo fired (I think that so Proud game stuck with him).

• Useful
Reactions: cycl144

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He will be.....there is a rule in conference football and basketball, lose to Iowa State and you gonna be gone. Hell, I think we only beat Nebraska in football 3 times in 20 years or some such, and we got Solich, Callahan, and Bo fired (I think that so Proud game stuck with him).

To be fair losing to this team by double digits should be justification to be fired for cause with all buyouts eliminated.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
It's always surprising to be good Bob when you have 3 or 4 McDAAs every year.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Lol, we did not get Bo and Callahan fired. Not even close.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The refs always favor KU at the Phog but time to let this go.

They're just better and it was going to be about like this no matter what.
Sorry, it's kind of tough watching two KU guys trying to draw & quarter Jackson on the floor while the ref is leaning in and watching, waiting for...I don't know...maybe to call a pin?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Even in this loss, this team is still showing progress. Another game where 3PT shooting is actually an asset. Jacobson is again flirting with a double-double. Nixon, for all his faults, has been playing better since Haliburton went down. Jackson started out hot tonight. Bolton and Young didn't have great games tonight but have had a few before.

There's still life in the team, they haven't given up and it shows. The effort is certainly there.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I don't need Prohm to go MAD FRAN, but c'mon man...he needs to fight for his players. Obvious basket interference call and a wrong over and back call. No grit and fight.... the players mirror their coach.
Hed get td up and suspended the rest of year for questioning the awful job by the refs. Its a rule when in the phog.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
BO got fired after he beat Iowa, just not by enough to satisfy "the best fans in the country"

• Winner
Reactions: cdface

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
This is why Prohm must go: no Carter Boothe tonight. He would have stuffed that last 3 from the ginger.