*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #13 West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Based on KenPom rankings this years’ team would be about a 3-4 pt favorite over 17-18.

I'm not sure how Kenpom works...is that Kenpom vs. college basketball this year?

Making the NCAA tournament this season is about as exciting as being barely bowl eligible in football.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Prohm out there earning that check per usual. Seeing this thread is sad, last year and prior years it’d be twice as many pages at least. Goes to show everyone is real enthused about where Prohm is taking the program

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
When you don’t get nervous for games and you aren’t mad after losses, you know Iowa State Basketball is in a terrible place.
I’ll also add that there’s times you don’t even realize there’s a game that day until a couple hours before hand. I miss the excitement of knowing there was a game coming up in two days.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Didn't even know we played tonight until now.

I've been listening to music all night. Glad I missed it.

That's how bad it's gotten.... I don't even know when we play or who we play next anymore. Don't care.
I forgot too honestly, my wife reminded me they got stomped AGAIN

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is this the place to post the gif of Shakira playing basketball?

giphy.gif

Reactions: NWICY and cdface

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
It's seasons like this where I put in alittle extra effort to catch the games, the men as well as the women...which isn't easy of course, when they suck so bad (the men, the women are doing pretty well and they're gonna be LOADED the next couple seasons).

It's times like these where we have to prove we're true loyal fans and why Cyclone fans are a different breed. We always ridicule other fan bases for not backing their teams enough, especially when their teams aren't top notch. We have to be better than that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’ll also add that there’s times you don’t even realize there’s a game that day until a couple hours before hand. I miss the excitement of knowing there was a game coming up in two days.

I kinda miss that nervousness for some games as they would be a big deal for NCAA tourney prospects.

Even last year's swoon was more interesting since you could wonder what was contributing to it.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I kinda miss that nervousness for some games as they would be a big deal for NCAA tourney prospects.

Even last year's swoon was more interesting since you could wonder what was contributing to it.
I agree. I used to plan my days around watching games whether it was on tv, or going to Hilton. I wouldn’t do any school work when I was in college at all that day. Even skipped some classes I knew I could miss, just to line up early. It didn’t matter if we were playing Texas Tech (who stunk) or Kansas, it was the same excitement for me. It’s depressing that it’s just gone.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: EERwax and UnCytely

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Prohm out there earning that check per usual. Seeing this thread is sad, last year and prior years it’d be twice as many pages at least. Goes to show everyone is real enthused about where Prohm is taking the program

I was red-faced angry after the Iowa game. Now, I am just sad. This is just like back in early 2010 when we had just had another really bad season, but Oregon hadn't hired Dana Altman yet so we were all depressed and resigned to another bad season because we couldn't afford to fire McDermott. Except this is worse, because I doubt there will be any Creighton saviors coming along to take our bad coach off of our hands this time.

The Prohm defenders should be forced to watch every single loss next season in full at least 3 times each.

EERwax

Nov 27, 2013
Morgantown/Keyser, W. Va.
I remember Iowa State always ranked and being one of the teams to beat in the Big 12 back when we were Big 12 newbies. The ISU game was one of the games we circled every year as it was always a dogfight in the Coliseum. Hell one of my best college memories was dropping 100 on a good Cyclone team in 2014. Jeff Prohm has run this very proud program into the ground. ISU has shown it can be a perennial NCAA team. Make the change before it’s too late.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I'm not sure how Kenpom works...is that Kenpom vs. college basketball this year?

Making the NCAA tournament this season is about as exciting as being barely bowl eligible in football.

Is KenPom the subscription service that makes those in-game win probability charts? I'd like to see the one for this game....It started at 90% WV and then went to 99% after 4 minutes? We're flat-lining.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I cared more about rooting for Purdue to run the score up on Iowa than I did our game. That’s my level of excitement with this team.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Remember when people like @jsb would come after the fact and complain about people complaining about how bad we were when they weren’t even part of the chat. I feel bad for them since they are the hangers on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron