Penn State vs Iowa Dual

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Penn state doing better than I imagined. DeSanto getting hurt and Eierman not wrestling could make nationals way more interesting.

Hope ADS knee is ok. That was 4 extra points for PSU that were flukey. With an RBY win at 133 and no 1 pt penalty, Iowa would've won 20-14.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Hope ADS knee is ok. That was 4 extra points for PSU that were flukey. With an RBY win at 133 and no 1 pt penalty, Iowa would've won 20-14.

It’s clear that the teams are so even that it will obviously come down to who is in the best health come nationals.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Only caught HWt and a minute of 197. Had a HS bb game.

Great, great match. I think this was a kick in the butt Iowa needed. Way too much talk about how dominant they were. ADS losing on injury really sucks. I hope his knee is ok. He tried gutting it out. PSU showed they aren't giving up any ground. Lugo and Young really need to go out and get points, no reason we shouldn't have bonused. PSU's guys who were heavy favorites got big points. I'll watch Bull v. Cenzo seven days a week. Not surprised Cenzo got it done, he was 0-2 vs. Bull, he's been really impressive so far this season and Bull has been a bit sloppy. Still another great match. Kem taking Hall down was the moment of the night. Great to see Warner finally picking it back up. And I love knowing that Cass will be our heavy for the next three seasons.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
165 and 174 were flat out wars. I don’t care what anyone says...those were amazing matches.

I was very impressed with Kemmerer. He moves a lot better than I think I ever gave him credit for. Never thought I’d say this, but Hall has another guy, other than Valencia, who might be better than him. Kemmerer sure looked “better” tonight.

DeSanto going down with the knee is disappointing, but unless it happened on the way to the middle before the opening whistle, he looked like he was in trouble before that happened. RBY might just be better than him anyway.

Spencer Lee...again...with a quick TF. I know he can basically get a tilt whenever he wants. He should be pinning guys like that though.

I don’t apologize if this seems like a “pro-Iowa” take. I do not care for the Brands brothers, but that team wrestles. Period. If I was Dresser, I’d make my team watch the way they compete on a loop.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Disagree.......official stopped the match twice while ADS was on his back. Would have been a fall.

Agree......Hope ADS knee is okay. You could see him at the end tell coach ‘I can’t go’ tearing up.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: CyTwins and isu81

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
165 and 174 were flat out wars. I don’t care what anyone says...those were amazing matches.

I was very impressed with Kemmerer. He moves a lot better than I think I ever gave him credit for. Never thought I’d say this, but Hall has another guy, other than Valencia, who might be better than him. Kemmerer sure looked “better” tonight.

DeSanto going down with the knee is disappointing, but unless it happened on the way to the middle before the opening whistle, he looked like he was in trouble before that happened. RBY might just be better than him anyway.

Spencer Lee...again...with a quick TF. I know he can basically get a tilt whenever he wants. He should be pinning guys like that though.

I don’t apologize if this seems like a “pro-Iowa” take. I do not care for the Brands brothers, but that team wrestles. Period. If I was Dresser, I’d make my team watch the way they compete on a loop.

no need to apologize, I'm a hawk hater, but I appreciate how they wrestle. It's fun to watch actually.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Holy ****

Tom Brands thought Iowa 133-pounder Austin DeSanto could have continued after knee injury

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
After watching a ton of #1 ranked wrestlers at different weight classes, I have to say that Valencia from ASU is the best wrestler in the country regardless of weight class. I was at his match against Coleman and it’s unbelievable how quick he is at that size and strength.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Disagree.......official stopped the match twice while ADS was on his back. Would have been a fall.

Agree......Hope ADS knee is okay. You could see him at the end tell coach ‘I can’t go’ tearing up.
Was just about to say the same thing. I much rather have seen desanto go out by getting pinned vs having to go out with an injury. Love Hate doesn't matter never want to see a kid go down especially this close to March. Hope they let people know what it is.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I don't know. I'm honestly surprised he called Desanto out
Idk how to take this from Tom. Being notorious for throwing injuries under the rug when talking to media makes me think desanto could be injured but at the same time you could see that the emotions were fully collapsed. He got broken not once but twice. How much he has been able to keep his normal BS in check this year wonder if all the being pent up finally got the best of him. Did he get CHA'd? Who knows..like I said hope he is fine if injured the kid has taken some big steps forward this year.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
This was one of the best duals I’ve seen. Great matches all night. Can’t wait to see some of these guys wrestle two more times this year (165, 174, maybe 133)

• Agree
Reactions: enisthemenace

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Idk how to take this from Tom. Being notorious for throwing injuries under the rug when talking to media makes me think desanto could be injured but at the same time you could see that the emotions were fully collapsed. He got broken not once but twice. How much he has been able to keep his normal BS in check this year wonder if all the being pent up finally got the best of him. Did he get CHA'd? Who knows..like I said hope he is fine if injured the kid has taken some big steps forward this year.
When RBY threw that first cradle on him (it was a hell of a move), it's like DeSanto just melted.

• Agree
Reactions: ISU22CY and CyTwins