Surly I assume it’s time to rank the league this morning

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Frank Martin came to K-State with the USC,e deal and asked John Currie to meet it. Currie said 'no.' Now, you can frame that set of facts however you choose.
That's literally the opposite of sent packing.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Was his contract expired?
Sent packing=fired
Yes, his contract was up. He was always out selling himself to others like a street-corner *****. Finally, USC,e bit. He brought their offer to Currie and John said he wasn't going to meet it. Had he met it, Frank would have re-up'd. Earlier in the year, Frank had rejected a K-State offer. But then came the Jamar Samuels episode, player revolt and so on. His days were few by year's end.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...k-martin-remains-rumored-leader-for-miami-job

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cycloneML

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yes, his contract was up. He was always out selling himself to others like a street-corner *****. Finally, USC,e bit. He brought their offer to Currie and John said he wasn't going to meet it. Had he met it, Frank would have re-up'd.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...k-martin-remains-rumored-leader-for-miami-job
His contract was up? Your article is all Miami talk, no USC talk.
ESPN reported that he took the USC job in 2012 and was under contract @ KState until 2015.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...ildcats-become-south-carolina-gamecocks-coach

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
He rejected a K-State contract extension earlier that year, let me leave it at that. I might add this has nothing to do with ranking the league, teams or coaches. Why are we here? It's old news. Frank was a cheat. He's gone. Long gone from this league, thankfully.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In the time I was going to respond, you just changed Weber coaching his ass off to Weber coaching not enough.

Good Lord Surly.

Those words were not appropriate nor ladylike.

Yes, his contract was up. He was always out selling himself to others like a street-corner *****. Finally, USC,e bit. He brought their offer to Currie and John said he wasn't going to meet it. Had he met it, Frank would have re-up'd. Earlier in the year, Frank had rejected a K-State offer. But then came the Jamar Samuels episode, player revolt and so on. His days were few by year's end.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He rejected a K-State contract extension earlier that year, let me leave it at that. I might add this has nothing to do with ranking the league, teams or coaches. Why are we here? It's old news. Frank was a cheat. He's gone. Long gone from this league, thankfully.
Are you dense? You brought his name into this thread.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Why OP.... why would you start this thread?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Guys, guys. Let Surly act like K-State took the moral high ground of firing Frank Martin (aka "send him packing") while the rest of us spend the day in reality-land and know what really happened.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and JP4CY

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Currie was not ignoring his (Martin's) phone calls, hoping he would leave–at least until after he had met with the players. Martin, nor anyone representing him, reached out to Currie until very late in the process. Even then, it was only with a token, “Yeah, if you match what they’re offering, we’ll consider it.” Martin never considered staying once he saw the writing on the wall, and Currie offering to match what South Carolina gave him would not have changed that at all.

https://jugofsnyder.com/2012/05/07/cult-of-frank/

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Arguing with you is like trying to watch the impeachment Q&A, absurdity.

Humm, good point. Surly is from Kansas.... Random Fan is from Kansas.... anyone else starting to see a pattern here? Has anyone seen the two them at the same place at the same time??

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Guys, guys. Let Surly act like K-State took the moral high ground of firing Frank Martin (aka "send him packing") while the rest of us spend the day in reality-land and know what really happened.
They are pretty stupid if they fired Martin like surly claims. Must be the dumbest athletic department in the country.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
They are pretty stupid if they fired Martin like surly claims. Must be the dumbest athletic department in the country.

Frank Martin had a history of cheating. He cheated at K-State and then bloviated about it not being a big deal. He was also a bully and filthy-mouth coach causing the loss of fan support, administration, and a player revolt. He then went to USC,e and cheated some more all the way to the Final 4. His recruiter ended up in the NCAA/FBI sting. In 8 years at Carolina, he's made one NCAA tournament and that one is clouded. He's 59-73 in the SEC.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You boys are getting less predictable. But sure, I'll bite on the power rank bait.

BU - but I don't believe they're #1 nationally
Ku - NCAA should be ruling soon

TxT - big win over eers last night
WVU - missing quality guards

The other six are impossible to power rank for any good reason. They're all bad basketball teams. But if I have to rank them just throwing darts.

OU - softer than one of those pillow guy products
Texas - talent can't overcome smart
TCU - Bane overcomes Jamie now and then
K-State - Weber coaching not enough
ISU - implosion
oSu - calamity
Baylor
KU
WVU
Tech
Texas
TCU
OU
ISU
KSU
OSU

KSU and OSU should feel bad that ISU is ahead of them.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and GTO