Biggest Shot in ISU BB History?

Dec 16, 2019
Monte Morris buzzer beater over Texas in the Big 12 tournament is mine for various reasons:

1. I had a pocket full of tickets that would have been worth as much as toilet paper if he missed. Monte did me a huge favor by making that shot.

2. It is the only time I've ever known a team to win without ever having the lead with time on the clock. When the ball went through, the clock showed 0:00!

3. Oh yeah, and we went on to win the Big 12 tournament.
Yeah, that was the first time my dad and I went to the big 12 tournament, it would have been a horrible trip if he lost that game. Thank god for Monte Morris, because the next 2 games were amazing.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
March 8th 2014:
The NAZ LONG shot vs. OSU at Hilton to send it into overtime. ICONIC "Hilton Magic" moment.
This or the one at OSU are really good picks. Really helped get things going that season and helped the fanbase recover from getting walked off on so many times the previous year. Others I might go with are Kane's layup against UNC, Jackson's 3 at KU, or Morris vs. Texas in the Big 12 tournament. Like always with these I'm probably forgettening some

And for a bonus one that wasn't really historic, I really liked Georges embarresing a good number of Arkansas fans after all week we heard from them that they were going to run on us all day, that Georges was a 3rd option at best, etc. That game felt really good overall.

• Useful
Reactions: tzjung

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
tumblr_n2wzal5Jee1rvn2ylo1_400.gifv

Roy was actually really gracious after that game. Made my respect for him go up some.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Not the biggest but the most stunned I was, when JVB hit that Wells bomb to beat Cmac and Creighton.
Remember listening to the radio with my dad during this game. Both of us weren't happy we had to go to OT against Creighton(believe they were pretty bad then, could be wrong on that though). We heard that JVB fired up the shot and then..... all of a sudden we didn't have to go to OT anymore while we looked at eachother with shocked faces.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Remember listening to the radio with my dad during this game. Both of us weren't happy we had to go to OT against Creighton(believe they were pretty bad then, could be wrong on that though). We heard that JVB fired up the shot and then..... all of a sudden we didn't have to go to OT anymore while we looked at eachother with shocked faces.
I was there and knew right away it was bad. Mac was classy during it.
What a time, no TVs to review in the whole arena.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
My top 3 and I think you need to be at game to experience the game intensity

1. Stevens beating Mizzou
  2. Hornacek to beat Miami Ohio in NCAAs
  3. Fizer jumper at end of game at Allen Fieldhouse. Had awesome seat baseline extended opposite sideline from Fizer

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Fizer over Mihm is probably my favorite play/shot of all time.

Sullivan knocking down a complete heat check in transition against Kansas wins my favorite random play.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There have been a lot of big shots over the years.. What are some of the shots that haven't gone in, but would've been added to this list had they gone in?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron