*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There was no excuse for tonight, however, we did lose Babb, Horton-Tucker, Wigginton, and Shayok off of last year's team.... something like 80% of our scoring.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
It’s strange. We joke on here all the time about wanting Iowa to keep Fran because that is supposed to be good for us, but he owns us right now.

We joke about their AD, but what have we beaten them in this year?

isualums

Jan 9, 2018
The main concern I have is that we have started almost every game 2 for 13 shooting 3s. Why can't prohm make an adjustment when we are 1 for 6 and down 4 instead of waiting until we are down 10+.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You are probably right. Just like our football team. But that doesn't mean we come on here and start s*** can talking the coach and players just because for two hours in December we blew chow. You think Duke fans were calling coach K mid major trash because they lost to Stephen Frickin Austin.....at home!? We lose to Seton Hall......then beat them. Who is to say if we played Iowa next week we don't win? I understand....it's Iowa. So what. They are to us now in men's basketball where we were with them 20 years ago in football. Yes, we won 5 straight, but everyone knew who set the standard in the state. Let them have their win, they earned it. But let's lay off the coach and players just a bit. It's just one game.

I'm gonna guess that Duke fans aren't too concerned yet considering Coach K's history.

CSP has unfortunately made getting beat BAD in Hilton a somewhat regular thing.

I'm not flenching yet on him, but in year 5, I'm not seeing consistent strengths in the program.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I mean.. I played in high school lol. I'm not sure why the crazies are attacking fellow fans for just being classy. Wish our team cared as much for the rivalry as our fans do. Tip your cap and move on to Big 12 play where it really begins to matter.

Except this is college basketball, and a conference game means absolutely nothing more than a non-con game in terms of NCAA tournament. Bottom line is every game has tourney implications, and having the slowest guy we might face all year beat our guards down the court to cleanup fast break misses is a huge red flag.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
It’s strange. We joke on here all the time about wanting Iowa to keep Fran because that is supposed to be good for us, but he owns us right now.

We joke about their AD, but what have we beaten them in this year?

Fran won one away game, he’s pretty far from “owning” ISU.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
He has single-handily lost us many games with his coaching.

And more than likely won just as many if not more. Every coach can be accused of what you just stated. Matt Campbell....Okie State is one example. There are more....but why be critical when I can go "Camping"?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There was no excuse for tonight, however, we did lose Babb, Horton-Tucker, Wigginton, and Shayok off of last year's team.... something like 80% of our scoring.

Yeah getting smoked in the dungeon last year happened too...I couldn't watch but sounds like it was actually worse.

isualums

Jan 9, 2018
Everybody who knows anything about basketball knows you beat a 2-3 zone by putting someone at the free throw lane. It took prohm until 1 minute left in the first half to figure that out and we scored on 3 straight possessions going into half. Then we made a run to start the second half doing that. Then we stopped. Why?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
You mean the same guys that got worked by Iowa in Carver morgue?

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Fran won one away game, he’s pretty far from “owning” ISU.
Well the last two years weren’t a lot of fun for the school that is supposed to be the basketball school. Mince words if you like, but the trajectory is not favorable as someone mentioned earlier.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
And more than likely won just as many if not more. Every coach can be accused of what you just stated. Matt Campbell....Okie State is one example. There are more....but why be critical when I can go "Camping"?
Except Matt Campbell didn’t lose us that game..

isualums

Jan 9, 2018
I like conduit. However he is worthless unless he posts up some. Tonight he posted up maybe 1 time tonight. The lineup with him and Griffin sucked tonight. They had no one at the free throw line and no one posting up. We lost ground with that lineup all night. Why cant prohm just rotate 3 bigs and quit goofing with Griffin.