*** Official #16 Seton Hall vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think they were talking more in the sense of Toughness is the Identity, not just this team can be tough.

yeah. Very few prohm or fred teams would have won last night with that shooting start.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
yeah. Very few prohm or fred teams would have won last night with that shooting start.
I'm in a group chat with buddies from ISU, and after the first 12 minutes, all that was being talked about was how bad our offense was. My comment was "yeah, its terrible, but we are still down 1 to a top 16 team." If teams of past had that slow of a shooting start, the half time score would have been closer to that of the famed OU-ISU 2nd half comeback halftime score haha

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
His 3 point shot seems like a quicker release this year too.

I think he has a nice floater too and wish he'd stop and pop that more often instead of the kick out. Just take over man.
You definitely want to see him take that floater when he has the space. But his kickouts aren't a bad play either. He would have had at least 4-5 more assists if our dudes would have hit 1/2 of them

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I see a lot of issues being raised about how poor the refs were last night. But my thinking last night was, "Thank goodness the refs are not falling for all these Seton Hall thespians who go flying as if hit by a train on the slightest incidental contact."

Most referee crews would have called about 10 more fouls on ISU last night, and that's what worries me for the rest of the season. I am so glad to see a team that plays tough defense, but will they get penalized by referees who call every little touch? We all know they are out there with their whistles ready.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I know Nixon has been our whipping boy so far this year. I know his shooting has been suspect. But what he brings in toughness on D suggests we maybe should lay off him. He is providing tremendous value.
“Whipping boy” is a bit dramatic. It’s true that Nixon has been one of the best defenders this year. He’s also been one of the biggest drags on the offense. Both can be true. A shooting guard as inefficient on offense as he is is a significant drawback.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I see a lot of issues being raised about how poor the refs were last night. But my thinking last night was, "Thank goodness the refs are not falling for all these Seton Hall thespians who go flying as if hit by a train on the slightest incidental contact."

Most referee crews would have called about 10 more fouls on ISU last night, and that's what worries me for the rest of the season. I am so glad to see a team that plays tough defense, but will they get penalized by referees who call every little touch? We all know they are out there with their whistles ready.
Not saying this is who we are, but its the easiest comparison. WVU had been that team for 3-4 years straight with Carter running the helm. Most nights, it was infuriating for the opposing teams. But then once every 5 or 6 games a crew would call a game tight and completely throw WV out of their defensive rhythm, and in turn, their whole gameplan.

I don't think we are 100% dependent on defense to the point it will completely deter us from winning a game if a crew calls it tight. But it won't help with our style of play.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Prior to the 90s, they were a joke anytime I noticed them, like a bottom tier program, not just low end of the top 25.
They're a much different beast now.

I believe 1989 was their runner up finish. Carlesimo built them into a solid program.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

To quote a great coach, Can’t call them all!!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yes, you have suggested transfer recruiting is unsustainable.

giphy.gif