Peloton Ad

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
She may have not asked for a Peloton specifically but had regularly complained about having to travel to the gym every morning for her workout and how she missed so many workouts because of it. There are a ton of reasons that a person could have bought a loved one workout equipment without them specifically asking for that brand/model.

Just like a lot of things, people are looking for a reason to be *outraged.

*outraged - one of the most overused/misused terms of the 21st century.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Stupid ad. I mean who the hell is nervous about getting on a bike within your own home. But only a highly insecure person projects their outrage at this. My SO and I agreed both of us would be ecstatic if either of us got this for each other for christmas but then again were fitness freaks

I think there are plenty of wives in the world that are not insecure who would be pissed if their husband bought them exercise equipment for a gift that wasn't something they had either expressed interest in.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Also wouldn't the ad make more sense with an overweight woman riding the bike for a year and showing the progress she made?

This lady already looks good and a year later still looks good.

I love this part coupled with the "wow am I nervous to get on a piece of workout equipment" part. She somehow has just stayed that fit without making her way to a stationary bike before, apparently.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
She may have not asked for a Peloton specifically but had regularly complained about having to travel to the gym every morning for her workout and how she missed so many workouts because of it. There are a ton of reasons that a person could have bought a loved one workout equipment without them specifically asking for that brand/model.

Just like a lot of things, people are looking for a reason to be *outraged.

*outraged - one of the most overused/misused terms of the 21st century.
It's 2nd to "literally".

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
maybe this was peloton planting "complaints" to drum up discussion of the peloton???? :p:D

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
My reaction to the ad was... meh.

But ever since Peleton started advertising my wife and I have been trying to figure out how to re-arrange our furniture so our exercise equipment is the focal point of our living room. NOT. It would be much more realistic if they showed it in the spare bedroom or laundry room.

• Funny
Reactions: SCNCY

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Also wouldn't the ad make more sense with an overweight woman riding the bike for a year and showing the progress she made?

This lady already looks good and a year later still looks good.

I don't think that's who they're marketing to or what they're trying to sell. I don't think I've ever seen an overweight person in any of their ads. I also don't think I've ever seen an ad where the bike is crammed into a corner of the laundry room or a finished basement or attached garage. It's always perched in a goddamn solarium that's bigger than my kitchen or positioned to look out a floor to ceiling window of a city skyline. They sell fantasy, and it's not like they're the only ones doing it so it's hardly worth getting worked up over.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm sick of the other commercial with that "all of the lights" song. Also, I don't understand the $2,300 price tag.

$2,300 is alot, but I suppose if you look at what people pay for a gym membership that they are probably less likely to use than a bike that's already at home it's not that bad.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I don't think that's who they're marketing to or what they're trying to sell. I don't think I've ever seen an overweight person in any of their ads. I also don't think I've ever seen an ad where the bike is crammed into a corner of the laundry room or a finished basement or attached garage. It's always perched in a goddamn solarium that's bigger than my kitchen or positioned to look out a floor to ceiling window of a city skyline. They sell fantasy, and it's not like they're the only ones doing it so it's hardly worth getting worked up over.

I know, my point was that the lady in the ad did not need the bike because she was already looking good.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
My problem with this ad, and other ones like this is they are always in a HUGE house that most people can't afford, and you are trying to sell a bike that costs like 2500 not including the membership per month, and you use an actress that obviously works out before getting this bike. Not many people can relate to that situation.