Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Michigan beat North Carolina who was #6 and Gonzaga who was #8 which is why they are ranked. TT lost to Iowa and Creighton after losing their best player halfway through the 2nd half of the Iowa game. He did not play against Creighton.

So you are saying Iowa would have lost to TT if not for the injury. Informative.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
So you are saying Iowa would have lost to TT if not for the injury. Informative.
Iowa had shut him down anyway. So you are saying Michigan beating ISU catapulted them to a #4 ranking? Nothing to do with beating #6 and #8?

• Funny
Reactions: Cytown12

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa had shut him down anyway. So you are saying Michigan beating ISU catapulted them to a #4 ranking? Nothing to do with beating #6 and #8?

Who do you consider their best player. They lost so many key cogs, that I’m unsure who their big guns are now.

You like to insert words. I’m mentioning that we lost to the team that is ranked fourth now and SDSU is not because hawks told us they would be highly ranked.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I follow advanced statistics just fine, but you are trying to make a case that Moss is a more efficient ball handler than Connor by using "Turnover %" which is flawed in so many ways it's laughable. Did you know that Shaq has a lower career turnover % than Magic? Why would that be? Magic is one of the best pgs of all time. How could a guy that can barely dribble the ball have a better turnover rate than the best pg in the history of the game? If you can answer me that, then you have your answer as to why Connor is more efficient than Moss with the ball.

tenor.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Beard is undoubtedly a good coach. TTU lost a lot of dudes, though.

I think we might underrate what having Jarrett Culver fall into his lap -- a 3* recruit that nobody else really wanted who turned into a #6 overall pick -- did for his success last year, though. Guys like him are rare in the college game.

Beating them is nice but does not prove Iowa is 100% legit.

Iowa has been turning in consistently good, but not great (thought they did receive a 98/100 against Texas Tech, but we will see how well that ages), performances this season, though, with the exception of that absolutely awful game against DePaul.

upload_2019-12-2_13-36-23.png

Look at the game scores to the far-right.

This is not going to be a gimme by any stretch for ISU.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Who do you consider their best player. They lost so many key cogs, that I’m unsure who their big guns are now.

You like to insert words. I’m mentioning that we lost to the team that is ranked fourth now and SDSU is not because hawks told us they would be highly ranked.
I'm not inserting words. You said Michigan beats us and gets ranked. Michigan beating #6 and #8 is why they are ranked. No one here said SDSU would be ranked "highly". It appears you inserted the word "highly".

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Wiitits is definitely confused, last year Moss and Connor basically played the same position and he is talking about Shaq.
Watch much Iowa basketball? No you obviously don't. The reason Connor played more was so Bohannon could play the two and Connor played the point. Moss wasnt capable of playing pg.

I use Shaq because that proves how ineffective turnover % is in comparing players that dont play the same position and have completely different roles on the team.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
If Connor wasn't one of the coaches rotten entitled kids his minutes would have went down not up....
It had more to do with allowing Bohannon to play the two. If Moss could handle the ball, Connor wouldn't have played as much. That's my whole point to CyTwins. Moss had to be taken out of the game if he's not scoring because that is all he was good at. He didnt play because he was a good ball handler or defender. He played to score pts and he was terribly inconsistent doing that last yr.

Bohannon at the two often made them a better team.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It had more to do with allowing Bohannon to play the two. If Moss could handle the ball, Connor wouldn't have played as much. That's my whole point to CyTwins. Moss had to be taken out of the game if he's not scoring because that is all he was good at. He didnt play because he was a good ball handler or defender. He played to score pts and he was terribly inconsistent doing that last yr.

Iowa was not a better team with Moss on the bench.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Watch much Iowa basketball? No you obviously don't. The reason Connor played more was so Bohannon could play the two and Connor played the point. Moss wasnt capable of playing pg.

I use Shaq because that proves how ineffective turnover % is in comparing players that dont play the same position and have completely different roles on the team.

Connor isn't capable of playing PG either. You don't have a legit PG on your roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Bohannon and Connor on the floor together was better than Bohannon and Moss?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I admit I don’t watch much Iowa basketball, it is painful to watch. You guys have my sympathy on that. I do however, look at the possession charts and they give me the information I need.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron