Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think they're decently close but the Maui Invitational is the one that jumps off the page, and this year's Battle for Atlantis was talked about as one of the best fields in a Thanksgiving tournament of all time, so advantage good guys.

The Battle fro Atlantis was a much different looking field when Iowa played in it. Iowa State has played in the top 2 holiday tournaments in back to back years and I believe we were invited back to Maui in a couple years. Quite the tip of the cap to Iowa State

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Battle fro Atlantis was a much different looking field when Iowa played in it. Iowa State has played in the top 2 holiday tournaments in back to back years and I believe we were invited back to Maui in a couple years. Quite the tip of the cap to Iowa State
Yes, that looks to be true.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Moss was a way better defender than Connor or Bohannon. Like way way better
I get it. You hate Connor and the fact that he plays for his dad and you hate his dad. All 3 are sub par defenders which is why they play a lot of zone. At least you have Bcclone sharing your opinion, although he admits to not watching Iowa play (but still has an opinion). Below is a thread after the IA vs PSU game last year. You can find a similar thread after each game. "Moss was benched for not closing out on shooters. Moss turned it over and then didn't hustle back on defense." People that watched often questioned his effort....the same cannot be said for Connor and Bohannon.

https://hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/isaiah-moss.85838/

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I get it. You hate Connor and the fact that he plays for his dad and you hate his dad. All 3 are sub par defenders which is why they play a lot of zone. At least you have Bcclone sharing your opinion, although he admits to not watching Iowa play (but still has an opinion). Below is a thread after the IA vs PSU game last year. You can find a similar thread after each game. "Moss was benched for not closing out on shooters. Moss turned it over and then didn't hustle back on defense." People that watched often questioned his effort....the same cannot be said for Connor and Bohannon.

Moss was a good defender compared to Bohannon and Connor. That's not saying much though. Not sure why you can't grasp that

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I hate Connor because he's a $hithead.

I love Connor because he plays for Iowa :)

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Moss is a better overall basketball player than Connor.. It's seriously a stupid argument. The only reason Connor sees minutes is because he's the coach's son and that's primarily the reason why Moss transferred.
Honestly, if Joe T cleans up his play he will take some minutes from Connor as the season goes along. He's the best on ball defender they've had in several years. His defense and ball handling are much better than Moss and Connor. He just gets out of control at times and needs to work on his jumper.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Moss was a good defender compared to Bohannon and Connor. That's not saying much though. Not sure why you can't grasp that
Because I watched him play 60 games in the past two years and can't think of anything he did defensively to stand out. I can think of several times where he turned it over or missed a shot and didn't run back on defense. If you watch as much as you claim to, you would understand that.

I like how you transitioned from offense to defense now, by the way. No ones arguing that Bohannon is any good on defense...No one is arguing that Connor is good on defense. I'm stating the popular opinion amongst Iowa fans that Moss is not a good defender.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Because I watched him play 60 games in the past two years and can't think of anything he did defensively to stand out. I can think of several times where he turned it over or missed a shot and didn't run back on defense. If you watch as much as you claim to, you would understand that.

I like how you transitioned from offense to defense now, by the way. No ones arguing that Bohannon is any good on defense...No one is arguing that Connor is good on defense. I'm stating the popular opinion amongst Iowa fans that Moss is not a good defender.

I never said Moss was a good defender. Moss is a better defender than Connor and Bohannon. Moss is better on offense than Connor. Those are facts not opinions

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
We can all agree that he couldn't be worse. That much is certain.
Why do you have an opinion about Iowa basketball? You said you don't watch them. You're one of those guys that reads some obscure post on Fox News and then starts repeating it over and over to anyone that will listen. Never mind the fact that you don't know if it's true.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I never said Moss was a good defender. Moss is a better defender than Connor and Bohannon. Moss is better on offense than Connor. Those are facts not opinions
If Moss put forth more effort he would be a better defender, but he didn't for 3 years so it is what it is.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

81iaGxxnXtL._SL1500_.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron