Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If North Florida had any big man with size, that game would've been a dog fight to the end. North Florida just didn't have the size to compete.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

KcCyclone77

Sep 21, 2017
I have nothing against people with beards, but Jorbo looks extra specially douchey with his.

Can't wait for the Christmas album!
MichaelBuble-Thumbnail-BG20-09063ac37c.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Think about how many points Garza could have had if they would have called all the fouls Jess Settles wanted called. Every replay he'd say "and might have gotten fouled"

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Settles and Mike Hall has to be the worst commentator duo possible, I'm not sure how Hall has stuck around after his reality show 15 minutes of fame. I know I shouldn't pick on Jess, he was well in to his 30's during his playing days so he's got to be like 70 now, he's doin alright for someone his age.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
That was definitely a crazy stat. If you look at the season averages this year: ISU averages 13 FTA vs Opponent's 6 FTA per game. Iowa? 22 to (just under) 9 per game. If you take out that Southern Miss "outlier," Iowa State had 44 total FTA vs 41 for its opponents (basically a wash).
Again, kudos for Iowa in utilizing the "getting to the FT line" strategy to enhance its offense. I think that is part of Iowa's large number of FT attempts. But, I also get annoyed by Fran or any Hawkeye fan when they complain about NOT getting the calls, or griping about the opponent shooting more FTs than them. Sometimes it is poor officiating, sometimes the strategy of "selling the foul" does NOT work, and is NOT due to the officials being a bunch of cheatin' M*****f******. (BTW, this is NOT implying that you are in that camp).

This. This is also why I thought it was hilarious to watch Aaron White play. His only skill was hurling his huge pale gangly gingery body at the defense hoping to draw a foul. When he needed to actually make a basketball play Iowa was SOL.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Settles and Mike Hall has to be the worst commentator duo possible, I'm not sure how Hall has stuck around after his reality show 15 minutes of fame. I know I shouldn't pick on Jess, he was well in to his 30's during his playing days so he's got to be like 70 now, he's doin alright for someone his age.
I really hope Jess Settles played forever jokes never go away. Kind of like dirty limericks.