Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Would you have told a woman that? Use experience. I’ve been married too long so my opinion does hold right now.
I would have told a woman that. Keep in mind though, most of the time when I was checking out a woman, it was because I wanted to be her, not do her.

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Forensic Files episode:

Guy doesn't like neighbors for whatever reason. (Noise?) He meticulously poisons a six-pack of glass Coca Cola bottles with very very little evidence. (Late 80s) Leaves the six pack on the porch of the neighbors, who go on to drink it. Mom of the family ends up dying.

So now...I want a Coke.

Story: https://www.wired.com/2013/07/the-chemist-as-murderer-a-thallium-story/

Drinking something left on your porch and no idea who from? Not my style. Besides, I’d be the safe one since I don’t drink pop. Funny what some people consider not to be pop. With friends on the way to a game and swing through McDonalds. Wife went in, I asked for a lemonade. She came back and said they didn’t have lemonade so she got me a sprite, knowing I can’t stand pop now after close to two years. She thought it wasn’t real pop so it would be fine.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Is her name Sara?

1a) Wrong-ish town, 1b) Don't live there anymore
2) When did I get my PhD?

Nope, maybe Im relation to her though?

I swear I have relation on my dad's side somewhere here in Iowa, but I think I have to take a turn off the direct branch of relation of the family tree.

My 4x great-grandfather is buried in Madelia, Minnesota...just found that out.

Edit: Also, my 10x great grandfather wasn't on the Mayflower, but he was in Plymouth Colony by 1633.

Findagrave.com is a pretty cool site.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I would have told a woman that. Keep in mind though, most of the time when I was checking out a woman, it was because I wanted to be her, not do her.

I think I've complimented a male coworker on his sweater before. Cause it was the same as DH's A guy commenting on your boots.......we have a couple more cosmopolitan guys at work who would do that but in general I'd lean toward gay. Or maybe the very politest attempt to hit on you!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Under Damn! Yikes! category.

Niece just moved to Fort Wayne. Been in their new house in a nice neighborhood for one week. They thought they heard a transformer or something explode at 5:30 a.m. Nope, SWAT team flash bombing their neighbors house. :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Question for the girls, since a lot of experiences are still really new to me. If a guy in the breakroom that I haven't met before comments "I like your boots" to me, is he in to me? Or is he just gay? They are cute boots though.

Not a gal but you'll get my 2 cents worth anyway. I've commented on a woman's nails if their painted really fun or if they are dressed really nice. I don't mind handing out compliments to people I don't know I hope it's a boost to their day and it's nice to be nice to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.