Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Came back as ALL - best possible outcome for an awful situation. Hoping to go home next week and then looking at up to two years of 1x month chemo treatments. And that's apparently the "easier" treatment path. But still, thankful that it sounds like they have a plan that involves them mostly getting to be at home and a highly effective treatment plan.
I don't want to say it's good news, but like you said, it's a best possible outcome. There's plenty of room for optimism in this. Having a MIL that passed from leukemia and my wife having a recent cancer scare, hearing this relatively good news actually brought a few tears to my eyes. My prayers are still with them but my spirit is lifted.

This being said, I don't envy them going through chemo with a child for two years. Hopefully it will be less.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
A month or two ago we thought we would enjoy having a bird feeder. We have but apparently we are the best freaking buffet in the area as it gets emptied in a matter of a couple of days now.

We have two hanging (squirrel-proof) feeders and three window feeders. I generally fill every other day. The mess on my deck is epic. Earlier this summer I actually had sunflower plants starting to sprout up from in between the deck boards!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I don't want to say it's good news, but like you said, it's a best possible outcome. There's plenty of room for optimism in this. Having a MIL that passed from leukemia and my wife having a recent cancer scare, hearing this relatively good news actually brought a few tears to my eyes. My prayers are still with them but my spirit is lifted.

This being said, I don't envy them going through chemo with a child for two years. Hopefully it will be less.

yeah the dad actually had cancer about 4 years ago and her mother (grandma of the baby) found she had cancer last summer and then a full hysterectomy the week before the baby was born so she's just like wtf with cancer in everyone I love. But like you said, still a long road but cautiously optimistic.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
yeah the dad actually had cancer about 4 years ago and her mother (grandma of the baby) found she had cancer last summer and then a full hysterectomy the week before the baby was born so she's just like wtf with cancer in everyone I love. But like you said, still a long road but cautiously optimistic.

Hard to reconcile so much heartache in one family.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Has anyone been to the DSM Zoo Night Eye event before? We are taking Z this year. I expect if we go when it opens it will be really crowded.

I have not idea what to expect there at all.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm guessing it took a tube and a half, ended up with 2 empties and like 3 zerks out of the last tube.

I still have a little mini-grease gun in my garage and couple of tubes for it. I haven't owned anything with a grease fitting in like forever. Even the oldest auto in my fleet, the 1987 924S has no zerks. Maybe the old Toro snowblower has some, it's like ancient so maybe.

I also have some thermostat gaskets for a 1972 Chevy six-cylinder and some touch up paint for a 1988 Honda Accord if anyone needs these. :rolleyes:

Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We have two hanging (squirrel-proof) feeders and three window feeders. I generally fill every other day. The mess on my deck is epic. Earlier this summer I actually had sunflower plants starting to sprout up from in between the deck boards!
We grew some sort of gourd in the potted plants on the balcony. I'm pretty sure it was a pumpkin, but it started so late that the frost hit right when it was blooming, so no gourds formed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The level of "dumb" is way different in the football threads versus the basketball threads. MBB thread a always have an undercurrent of the sky is falling and the team is worse than it really is. In the football threads we are always better than we actually are. It's weird, man, just weird.

BTW, feel better than yesterday. Don't plan on coming for my stuff just yet. During and after intestinal MRI yesterday I was thinking of just putting my stuff out on the curb for you all. Today thinking I'll keep my stuff for a while longer. :oops:

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and Ms3r4ISU

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Has anyone been to the DSM Zoo Night Eye event before? We are taking Z this year. I expect if we go when it opens it will be really crowded.

I have not idea what to expect there at all.

We've been every year for the last 5 or so. Its pretty cool and very kid friendly, not scary at all. They have a designated path roped out to follow with various vendors handing out candy and fliers/coupons along the way. They usually have some "professional" characters in high quality costumes there for pictures, it varies on the night, but there have been Marvel characters, Disney princesses, TMNT, Wizard of Oz, Star Warz. Some of the animals are "put away" for the season, but most are still out for viewing and there is a stop with all sorts of bouncy house stuff. The carousel is usually running, but I'm not sure about the train rides. It usually is pretty crowded, especially if the weather is nice, but once you get in its not so bad with the one-way path thats laid out. I just got word from the wife we are going this Sunday afternoon, so I'm hoping for decent weather.

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron