****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Definitely seems to be coming out of nowhere. Maybe he's a late bloomer that is suddenly getting a lot of teams' attention.
https://247sports.com/Player/Darlinstone-Dubar-46047635/
Looks like he was recently 6’4” 170 but now 6’6”. That’ll change a recruit’s profile. A 6’6” wing that can shoot.

I really like the apparent loading up on 6’5” to 6’7” guys that can handle and shoot. A roster with Johnson, Blackwell, Zion, Walker, and potentially Haliburton is long and versatile. Conditt and hopefully Foster adding length in the frontcourt.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Snydes and Aclone

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Just recently was told that Kakert again said that the GF thing for Foster is overrated and won't matter because he talked to Bossi and that is what Bossi said. I am not sure why Bossi is the authority on Foster's relationship and how it has led him to become friends with guys on the team but whatever.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Just recently was told that Kakert again said that the GF thing for Foster is overrated and won't matter because he talked to Bossi and that is what Bossi said. I am not sure why Bossi is the authority on Foster's relationship and how it has led him to become friends with guys on the team but whatever.

I think that is wrongly played by some Hawk fans as the only reason he would consider ISU, as otherwise he would be a lock for them which doesn't seem to be the case. It will be interesting to see after he chooses, what his ultimate criteria were that tipped the scale.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Foster would be an excellent fit as the 5 in our 4/1 system. He’d have single-teams under the hoop, could lurk in the dunking spot, and run with the guards very nicely rim-to-rim.
Apparently I have a surprise for you. If Xavier signs with the good guys, we will decidedly not be playing the 4/1 very much next year.

Barring injury, I doubt we’re playing it much this season.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Remind me again. Why should I care what a nitwit like Kakert says?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Apparently I have a surprise for you. If Xavier signs with the good guys, we will decidedly not be playing the 4/1 very much next year.

Barring injury, I doubt we’re playing it much this season.

It ain't a surprise that Jacobson and Young are probably going to play the majority of the time at the 4-5 next season for us. It sounds like Griffin has made a lot of progress after finally getting fully healthy and integrated into the program, as well, but we could argue if he counts as a big or a wing. I would argue more wing at this point, so that's 4/1.

I think Prohm likes that 4/1 style generally, though. I think his ideal lineup is going to be something like this, at least from what I have seen of him...

4 guys, all with the length/height/bulk to switch 1-4 together
One of them (or even two) needs true PG skills
Big man in the middle to run with them

Foster rings true as the latter of those, to me.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Foster isn't picking us because his girlfriend

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I love that Iowa fans think this is the only factor. You know, not the success of the two programs the last 20 years, the difference in coaches, the number of NBA players, the fan support, the Big 12 tournament trophies...

Their arrogance is one thing we can always count on, no way a kid from in state would turn them down. Regardless of what any of them say, they all believe deep down, he wants to be a Hawk, they think everyone does. The Hayden Fry brainwashing won't allow to ever believe ISU is superior in any way.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Name one advantage Iowa Basketball has in recruiting over us besides facing easier competition

Talented Iowa kids seem to go there over us, but that's clearly an indication of their upbringing. However, it appears Foster is going to throw a wrench into that.

Reactions: Acylum

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Easier path to playing time.
Yeah, but just how much playing time will he get. Cook was often subbed out by Kriener or Till or some other 6'-8" walk-on. TC should have been playing more minutes in many of the Hok games.
That's the danger for XF going to TOE - he may even start, but there is no guarantee that he will get more minutes than Nunge, Till, Patrick, etc (even if XF deserved them). At ISU, if XF starts / gets significant minutes it will be due to the coaches actually developing the young man and giving him the opportunity to "beat out" high-level competition in practice.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Acylum