Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
At least for Iowa’s sake they have Purdue and Northwestern next. Two teams, no matter how bad they are, are always handled by Iowa.

not unless they figure out how to shore up the interior of their line.

I’m no fan of Nate Stanley, but he has not even had a chance the last couple of weeks.

It reminded me of people on here ripping on Sam Richardson. When you take a snap and you can’t even count to 3 and there is someone right in your face, you aren’t going to be successful.

the guard and center position for Iowa is terrible right now. Can’t move wirfs inside cause he’s playing for a contract. Teams are going to come after them.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I’m no fan of Nate Stanley, but he has not even had a chance the last couple of weeks.

It reminded me of people on here ripping on Sam Richardson. When you take a snap and you can’t even count to 3 and there is someone right in your face, you aren’t going to be successful.

the guard and center position for Iowa is terrible right now. Can’t move wirfs inside cause he’s playing for a contract. Teams are going to come after them.

I actually feel a tiny bit of empathy for Stanley today. Yes, he's not the best QB in college football, but he's pretty good IMO. He makes a few too many errant throws, but he is a QB you can win games with IMO.

But Hawkeye fans are just destroying him today. Did they not watch the game at all? The interior of Iowa's OL is not good. Linderbaum got destroyed all night last night. Granted PSU's DL is good though. But Stanley was getting tons of pressure all night and didn't have time to throw... and he was getting lit up too.... took a lot of hard hits.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Oh I completely agree. My comment was also being snide toward Iowa. Kirk has lost in Kinnick nonetheless to 3 win Northwestern and Purdue teams. Their OL is a serious problem.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Some of that is on Stanley though. He is flat footed and terribly slow at running through his reads. His delivery is very slow too. A little mobility would go a long ways.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
The thing is Iowa doesnt get to 9-10 wins a year. They get to 8. There's nothing wrong with 8 but for a long time they've paid him for more than 8, and have given him a bonus at 8.
The players into the NFL argument is absolutely true, cant deny that. But then shouldn't that show up as more W's then?

Iowa gets a lot of guys to the league, true, but how many skills guys? I cant think of one wr, rb, or qb in the NFL (is Bathard a backup someplace?). It's hard to be an elite team when you dont have elite talent at those positions.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Some of that is on Stanley though. He is flat footed and terribly slow at running through his reads. His delivery is very slow too. A little mobility would go a long ways.

its scheme it’s philosophy as well.

he’s never going to be mobile. He’s going to be one of the old school statue qbs.

Iowa is o line u. And the interior of that line is bad.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
who on earth made that argument?

It was before the Iowa/ISU game a few years ago. Monte's sophomore year when every sane person knew he'd naturally be taking over as the leader of a top 25 team for the next 3 seasons but tavern gonna tavern.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I thought I'd seen Ken O'Keefe on the Iowa sideline a couple weeks ago, and last night it was confirmed when the announcers said he'd returned to the staff as... the QB coach.

And for Hawk fans talking about firing Ferentz, they realize it's another Ferentz that will be taking the reigns, right? The one who's in charge of the offense they complain about, that recently went 27 drives without a TD?