Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Literally, two threads currently going on over there called “With Drew Tate, Beathard or Stanzi we would be undefeated and Top 10” and “Today Nate Stanley Lost His Opportunity to be Drafted”

Stanley throws passes like I play golf -- I hit one good shot maybe every six or seven swings if I am lucky. He was 25 of 43 against PSU, and I get a couple of his tosses were throw-aways to avoid sacks. But most of his incompletions were absolutely horrible passes and he never gave his receivers a chance at making the catch.

• Winner
Reactions: GTO and Lineup

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It hasn’t been pretty, but I’m not a chicken little. We’ve lost to two pretty good teams by less than a score. Defense is good. Think we can still win 9 games this year. Wisconsin won’t be fun to watch for sure. Might be 2017 all over again against them this year.

I have to agree that Iowa will end up that way. Maybe 8 wins if MN is for real, which I am not sure of. NW, Purdue, Nebraska and IL are all bad, to very bad football teams. WI defense is looking like a brick wall, so Iowa will struggle there. MN, well, they still have not played a decent team, so it is hard to tell. They handled Nebraska pretty easily, but that is looking like no great feat at this point in time.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It hasn’t been pretty, but I’m not a chicken little. We’ve lost to two pretty good teams by less than a score. Defense is good. Think we can still win 9 games this year. Wisconsin won’t be fun to watch for sure. Might be 2017 all over again against them this year.
You’ve also beaten a team by a point and could easily be 3-3.
The scores in the Michigan and PS games don’t really show that Iowa just didn’t look good for 8 qtrs.
Iowa has also lost consecutive games to Northwestern, Purdue, and Wisconsin. Iowa has got to get that o line fixed and run the damn ball. 85 combined pass attempts vs M and PS is way too many.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The Jared Taylor guy Ross shared the tweet from must be a Cyclone troll. No real Hawkeye fan would go off script and admit that the refs gave the Hawks more than enough gifts to tilt the game in their favor. Quiet the opposite, a real Hawk fan would be complaining about how the Hawks would have won if not for the refs.

Cap tip Jared, nice trolling.
I don't know, if you read the Hawk boards they are usually a lot different than Hawk trolls on here. When they get mad after a game and trash Ferentz the favorite go-to is that the 12 win season was a joke due to schedule.

Was at a family function and the consensus among the Hawk fans is that Purdy would make TOE undefeated and a challenger for the CFP.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You’ve also beaten a team by a point and could easily be 3-3.
The scores in the Michigan and PS games don’t really show that Iowa just didn’t look good for 8 qtrs.
Iowa has also lost consecutive games to Northwestern, Purdue, and Wisconsin. Iowa has got to get that o line fixed and run the damn ball. 85 combined pass attempts vs M and PS is way too many.

How many Dline man are seniors? If they lose a bunch they could take a step back on the D side also.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't know, if you read the Hawk boards they are usually a lot different than Hawk trolls on here. When they get mad after a game and trash Ferentz the favorite go-to is that the 12 win season was a joke due to schedule.

Was at a family function and the consensus among the Hawk fans is that Purdy would make TOE undefeated and a challenger for the CFP.
Think about it. True soph Brock Purdy > senior Nate Stanley (who got to learn from an NFL QB, CJ)

• Informative
Reactions: STLISU

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
The cannibalism on HR is a thing of beauty. If we're gonna have hok poster's here at least get some of those realistic ones.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

I don't know about that. Hawk fans everywhere seemed very defensive about their Fake ID year.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don't know about that. Hawk fans everywhere seemed very defensive about their Fake ID year.
I think that is to those outside of Hawk fandom. When they think they are in the company of hawk fans it seems to be a big go-to for the anti-KF faction of the fan base, and there are a lot more of those than most realize.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and Acylum

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Think about it. True soph Brock Purdy > senior Nate Stanley (who got to learn from an NFL QB, CJ)
I think that has most concerned about the offense. Not often you get to trot out a 3 year starting QB.

I have also heard people that know OL state that there has been a slow and steady decline in OL technique and execution over the years. However, probably take that with a grain of salt as they were tight with the old OL coach Morgan that moved to DL with the arrival of BF.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think that has most concerned about the offense. Not often you get to trot out a 3 year starting QB.

I have also heard people that know OL state that there has been a slow and steady decline in OL technique and execution over the years. However, probably take that with a grain of salt as they were tight with the old OL coach Morgan that moved to DL with the arrival of BF.

You mean Reece Morgan? The one who tells players interested in Ag to just follow a farmer because no farmers have degrees?

Fun part is, this is the group that BF coached his first couple of years as Oline coach. He is reaping what he sowed.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Someone who really cares can check for accuracy but I believe Fat’s record in conference game starts is 10-11.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You don’t even have any Dr Pepper on your breath.....you should have been out late with the Streakers...

I drank with some nice WVU fans! And one that was completely **** faced asked me probably 13 different times who #18 on our team last year was.

Had to drive 4 hours back to DC after the game though, so no late partying for Pants.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I drank with some nice WVU fans! And one that was completely **** faced asked me probably 13 different times who #18 on our team last year was.

Had to drive 4 hours back to DC after the game though, so no late partying for Pants.

So no streamy hook ups? Or did you pull a hawkeye and use one of their portable love shacks?