Assuming Tomorrow’s Game is Cancelled

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
The difference was that was a night game. They're calling for scattered thunderstorms all day and the game starts at 11. They will continuously push this game back and delay it as many times as possible (like the Iowa game) until they can get in at least a half of football (a half must be played to count).

The teams and universities know this could get delayed, so they're going to be prepared for those delays by stocking up on extra food for their players to eat if there was a long delay. With how everything went down last year, Pollard is going to get this game in one way or another.

The forecast is calling for thunderstorms in the morning but then scattered in the afternoon. There's actually a pretty good chance that after the initial storms / rain, it clears up for enough time to start the game and get in the amount of time needed.
I am hearing reports that Stanley ate so much food during last week's delay, that they are having trouble getting their vendors to find available food sources.

• Funny
Reactions: CycoCyclone

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Colorado Tornado Game
Was Kansas delayed a couple years ago?
SDSU last year
Iowa this year
Tomorrow

Can anyone else remember any other weather delayed games in modern history? Like since 1985 which is as far back as I can remembrer.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Colorado Tornado Game
Was Kansas delayed a couple years ago?
SDSU last year
Iowa this year
Tomorrow

Can anyone else remember any other weather delayed games in modern history? Like since 1985 which is as far back as I can remembrer.
Those are the ones I remember, and I go back to 1975. And even high school games seemed to "play on" no matter the weather until something like the 1990s at the earliest. Weather seemed to only halt baseball and track meets.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Those are the ones I remember, and I go back to 1975. And even high school games seemed to "play on" no matter the weather until something like the 1990s at the earliest. Weather seemed to only halt baseball and track meets.

It's the great softening of America. Personally, I blame the growing popularity of soccer.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Another anti-all-day-tailgate-all-night-too post. Cripes it is going into delay so settle down and enjoy! "Dear Mom" we can handle our booze and get more if we run out. Bring on the lightening. Party on!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
1. And tell me how many delays in the history of Iowa state football. I’ll tell you—-4. 2 last week, 1 last year that ended up cancelled, and I think 1 before the Kansas game started 2 years ago. That’s a bad, bad trend.
Obviously, Campbell running out of steam.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I bet that year we play in the desert in Vegas there is a god damn monsoon.

Going way-back, it rained when ISU played at San Diego State in 1981 (at least at the beginning of the game, if memory is accurate).

Considering how the game went, that would've been a good time for a weather cancellation.