Gary Barta everybody

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I wonder what Barta expects JP to do about the yelling fans? I doubt he would be able to identify the culprit and do anything about it.

Additionally, I think its more important in how other ADs across the nation view ISU, vs a single school. If other ADs in the country have a high view of ISU, then this story will blow over. If other schools have had similar issues with ISU as Iowa has, then we should be more worried. My guess (purely speculative) is that Jamie's experience being at Wisconsin, he has a good idea of how other ADs across the country view ISU and Iowa. Additionally, he also has another perspective in how Iowa members and fans act in other teams stadiums and towards other schools (such as Wisconsin).

ISU band members should consider taking small cameras to Iowa next year and place them on their instruments to document how they are treated.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I wonder what Barta expects JP to do about the yelling fans? I doubt he would be able to identify the culprit and do anything about it.

Additionally, I think its more important in how other ADs across the nation view ISU, vs a single school. If other ADs in the country have a high view of ISU, then this story will blow over. If other schools have had similar issues with ISU as Iowa has, then we should be more worried. My guess (purely speculative) is that Jamie's experience being at Wisconsin, he has a good idea of how other ADs across the country view ISU and Iowa. Additionally, he also has another perspective in how Iowa members and fans act in other teams stadiums and towards other schools (such as Wisconsin).

ISU band members should consider taking small cameras to Iowa next year and place them on their instruments to document how they are treated.

You could send an email to the students asking if anybody has info about the incident to say something.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Yes. Put them in the top 15 rows of the stadium in the corner. But JP puts Iowa's band in great seats.

Barta did the same thing to UNI's band last year too.

They put all visiting bands at the top of section 102, possibly 103. Really crummy seating, and definitely not enough room for a band of ISU's size. (I'd guess 300+)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
IMO, throwing things is a lot worse than any namecalling.... obviously neither is acceptable at all, but JP could have sent a letter to Barta after nearly every time ISU has played at Kinnick too.

Eh....using the 'N' word or something is pretty awful. That's some deep rooted **** going on there including people out there that pretend it doesn't happen.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Iowa's AD is feeling the pressure of Iowa State's rise. I'm sure they are very triggered after all the free publicity ISU got Saturday morning. It's funny how we've lost 5 in a row to them yet they have to stoop to this level of insecurity since despite the losses ISU is on the rise in the Big 12.. I'm not saying nothing happened but I think everyone will be under whelmed when the facts come out but I know this Iowa will make this drag as slow as possible.
@criticalobserver @HOU_Blue What's funny? That ISU is on the rise? If it weren't true we wouldn't be on your minds rent free right now. You guys won't reply but I'd love to hear your justification of being on an ISU message board 2 days after the game is done.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
My kids were in band, and I wouldn't them treated like that.

But Barta is a moron if he thinks that doesn't happen at Kinnick.

I mean, he IS a moron. But in this case I think he knows better. The jealous of the ISU pr from AmesDay theory makes the most sense.

Pay your contractors, *******.

And get rid of the sexist, homophobic pink locker room.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I don’t know that it’s true. I’ve been to 5 or 6 Iowa-Iowa State games at Kinnick and have never once seen anyone throw anything at an opposing fan, or engage in anything other than good natured ribbing. I guess all these horrific Iowa fans must tailgate in different areas than I do.
Is it really tailgating if you’re in your mom’s basement?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
So no different than every time the ISU marching band performs at Kinnick. Thanks for the new information sport.

Honestly that IS unacceptable and if you say "but the hawks" then you're likely still in Mom's basement.

I did jerk things like this at that age, but it's not acceptable and regardless of who else does it, make a point of owning it and taking responsibility for it...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Honestly that IS unacceptable and if you say "but the hawks" then you're likely still in Mom's basement.

I did jerk things like this at that age, but it's not acceptable and regardless of who else does it, make a point of owning it and taking responsibility for it...

No one is saying it is acceptable. Just pointing out that it isn't unusual in this game and Barta seems to be throwing stones at glass houses.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

I never said it was acceptable behavior. The difference is ISU has never had a press release for fan behavior at Kinnick just to spew bad publicity to a rival. Before name-calling how about we re-read what was actually said.