Gary Barta everybody

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Isnt there a post about Cyclone Tears on here? Kind of Ironic don't you think? Those Cyclones picked on me.
giphy.gif

Hawks The Big Babies of Iowa!

Reactions: NWICY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Agreed however if true it was likely one person who said this and could've been handled internally with ISU rather than release a vague press release meant to cause harm to Iowa State when it was one individual (not a fan base).

And if Barta really wanted to get to the bottom of it then he could have gotten better results by not issuing a ******* press release about it.

We have no idea what allegedly happened either. I wish I could say that the N word isn't a possibility, but this country is terrible, so it could have happened.

Do we remember when Ejim got called that against BYU. Did Jamie issue a press release about it?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Quinn Douglas

@Quinn_Douglas_

Having a friend tell me that he did hear Iowa State fans yelling at the marching band and cheerleaders immediately after the game. Said in his area that a fight broke out but that didn’t involve the band.

Did this guy have his Iowa shirt on in the pressbox? Great reporting going by a friends story.
Yeah I know right a friend of a friend's sister's husband's brother's uncle's dog's previous owner told me that someone he knew heard someone say "**** IOWA", and it hurt someone's brothers mom's sisters feels.
What a great story.

Reactions: CyBobby and kingcy

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
It's just a public shaming job at this point. Iowa can't handle ISU getting any positive attention so they will do whatever they can to counter it. **** Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and NWICY

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
And if Barta really wanted to get to the bottom of it then he could have gotten better results by not issuing a ******* press release about it.

We have no idea what allegedly happened either. I wish I could say that the N word isn't a possibility, but this country is terrible, so it could have happened.

Do we remember when Ejim got called that against BYU. Did Jamie issue a press release about it?
That release was intentionally left vague so everyone (including media) will speculate what happened which puts ISU in a negative light regardless of what is uncovered. If it was hate speech, put it in the damn release and not leave it to the public to speculate.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I went to three road games at Kinnick in a band uniform.

I guarantee I got called or heard one of us called a certain six-letter F-word at each of them. Not quite the N-bomb discussed above, but about as close as you can get.

I am glad fan hooliganism and that kind of conduct is slowly being wrung out of the sport, but stuff like that was par for the course from Iowa fans when I wore the uniform.

Trying to make some sort of hay for yourself over it is ridiculous and hypocritical.

I never got a press release or an investigation.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It's just a public shaming job at this point. Iowa can't handle ISU getting any positive attention so they will do whatever they can to counter it. **** Iowa.

Didn't you hear Gameday wasn't in Ames because of ISU, they were there because of Iowa.

• Winner
Reactions: 2speedy1

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

This is the key to this whole thing IMO.

If it turns out that Barta never even tried to contact JP personally to make him aware of this before issuing this press release..... then he is pure garbage and doesn't even care what actually happened or even getting to the bottom of it.

If this press release was the first time JP knew of this.... JP must be PISSED!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Iowa's AD is feeling the pressure of Iowa State's rise. I'm sure they are very triggered after all the free publicity ISU got Saturday morning. It's funny how we've lost 5 in a row to them yet they have to stoop to this level of insecurity since despite the losses ISU is on the rise in the Big 12.. I'm not saying nothing happened but I think everyone will be under whelmed when the facts come out but I know this Iowa will make this drag as slow as possible.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I went to three road games at Kinnick in a band uniform.

I guarantee I got called or heard one of us called a certain six-letter F-word at each of them. Not quite the N-bomb discussed above, but about as close as you can get.

I am glad fan hooliganism and that kind of conduct is slowly being wrung out of the sport, but stuff like that was par for the course from Iowa fans when I wore the uniform.

Trying to make some sort of hay for yourself over it is ridiculous and hypocritical.

I never got a press release or an investigation.

Heard the same kind of things. In addition, heard the women in our band, particularly the guard girls called sluts, whores, etc.

Not to mention band members had to be on the lookout for flying objects and had to be careful that uniform parts like plumes weren't stolen.

I've been to several other road venues and would go back to all of them, but i'll never go back to Iowa City.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
The whiny little toddlers are blaming ISU for their players being hungry also. You really can't make this stuff up. If we'd have gotten them food they'd have had a tantrum.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The whiny little toddlers are blaming ISU for their players being hungry also. You really can't make this stuff up. If we'd have gotten them food they'd have had a tantrum.

If Barta wasn't having trouble paying off lawsuits and contractors.... he probably could have bought them some pizzas or something.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Yeah, they were hungry, and #4’s at his locker just pulling hot dogs out from under his shoulder pads.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah, they were hungry, and #4’s at his locker just pulling hot dogs out from under his shoulder pads.

I think I heard someone saw him in line at the concession stand, but not sure if true?

Help Support Us

Become a patron