INSIDER: What I know about Rasir Bolton waiver timeline

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If there’s some legit reason for CSP to delay publicly announcing the decision, I’m cool with that.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
If i recall, some of the other sites have said with an announcement in the past that they had heard rumors for weeks but could not confirm so did not share.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
That is the point in the move where he says, "Maybe, maybe not. Maybe **** yourself."
I assume this is his response to whether Rasir gets his waiver or not.

This version of the GIF illustrates it nicely.
source.gif

This. Sorry i pasted the wrong gif without the text.

this gif illustrates what I’ve essentially heard from some connected people. No one knows.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Just FYI.. Another isu site said as of yesterday there was no news on the waiver..

Pretty sure if isu was told they would announce that day..there would be no need to wait few days..so...
To be completely honest, this is why I didn't post anything until seeing evidence that someone else had heard the same. I would have expected ISU had a release queued up and ready to go as soon as they heard.

My source heard this Friday, which I find perplexing. I'm simply sharing with the CF community as I fully trust my source, and there is good reason to believe the person they heard this from would know.

That said, the info could be proven inaccurate, and the forum shaming will commence.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I imagine this scenario happening a lot:

CF poster A posts "I'm hearing Bolton is eligible!"

CF poster B reads this and tells a friend. That friend tells another, and that friend tells CF poster C.

CF poster C posts "For what it's worth I'm hearing the same thing."

And Poster A asks Poster C for sources and if it is believable....

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
The smart move is to wait to announce until the formal letter is in hand, not when you get the phone call.

If with an email, I would wait until the letter is in hand.

If, If the Ath Dept. did receive an informal notice last Friday, it would make since to wait for an official notice.
Plus the team was in Italy then. I would assume Jamie would like to have the team back in Ames prior formally announcing his waver decision. The local media will be requesting interviews from Prohm and Rasir for their reactions and just easier if they are in the facilities.
Since they played on Saturday, I assume they they are back in the US but haven't seen they are back officially. Perhaps they got to extend a few days to see the sights could be reason for a further delay.

It is August and I am sure I am overthinking all of this.sounds like we'll get word one way or another shortly. I appreciate the early whispers are positive, thanks for sharing. (Though I won't be celebrating til there is something official)

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
If, If the Ath Dept. did receive an informal notice last Friday, it would make since to wait for an official notice.
Plus the team was in Italy then. I would assume Jamie would like to have the team back in Ames prior formally announcing his waver decision. The local media will be requesting interviews from Prohm and Rasir for their reactions and just easier if they are in the facilities.
Since they played on Saturday, I assume they they are back in the US but haven't seen they are back officially. Perhaps they got to extend a few days to see the sights could be reason for a further delay.

It is August and I am sure I am overthinking all of this.sounds like we'll get word one way or another shortly. I appreciate the early whispers are positive, thanks for sharing. (Though I won't be celebrating til there is something official)

Overthinking would be asking why didn't they start Bolton Saturday if they knew he was eligible Friday. ;)

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Why not, it's all good.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

They were still in Venice yesterday.

They are probably not back yet.

Even coming back requires a day or two to recover with the length of the trip and jet lag.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron